“Rooftop Ocean view”

Firehouse American Eatery and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Firehouse American Eatery and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #616 of 5,142 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pacific Beach
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Restaurant is in part of the building that is the local fire station, was very clean, and has a rooftop view of the Pacific Ocean. The fire department was called out during our lunch which added a little excitement and certainly a different experience. It is a little more upscale than most beach view restaurants, has a very nice bar, and a good menu with a wide selection beyond seafood. The service was prompt and courteous.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We ate there in May and paid with a business credit card which was not used ANYWHERE ELSE on our vacation in San Diego. Within 3 days the card and number on the back were used repeatedly in Ensenada Mexico. Our bank caught it and stopped it, but told us it had to come from there where they physically saw the card and number on the back. Never again, the food is borderline and service not anything to write about, there are lots of beach bars to frequent at Pacific Beach.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

A nice place with good service and good views on the upper deck. The food is plentiful here and for those of us that are at a certain age can be shared by two. Enjoyed the bacon avocado BLT.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family and I were on vacation in San Diego recently and we dropped our daughter off in the Mission Bay area to see a friend whose family was on vacation there as well. As we drove back to La Jolla on Mission Blvd we were on the look out for a dinner spot. I saw a brew pub which looked good and turned off Mission to find parking. As I made the turn I spotted the Firehouse. They were offering free valet parking to customers, I didn't know any better, so we changed gears and went to the Firehouse. What a great twist of fate! We got a table upstairs in the outdoor seating area. The area was full, but not uncomfortably so. We were pleasantly greeted by a waitress and she quickly gave us menu's and took our drink order, they had Fat Tire on tap, delicious!! As I reviewed the menu I quickly honed in on the Shrimp Taco's. They were awesome! Shrimp were marinated in a chipotle seasoning served in a corn tortilla with avocado and slaw, add a little hot sauce and away you go!! My wife had, in her words, the best burger ever!! My son the best chicken fingers ever!! Check out the Firehouse it's got great atmosphere and food!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I visit Pacific beach at least once a year and passed here thinking the food was going to be like Applebee's. Boy were we wrong the 2 lunches we had were great and the service was good. The meatball appetizer was GREAT! As was the rest of our meal.