“Felt like we were back in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Osteria Panevino

Osteria Panevino
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Panevino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 4,724 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$30 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: On 5th between F & G
Southern California
“Felt like we were back in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great patio table for people watching. Food was wonderful. Our server was a charming Italian lady, heading back home to Naples for a visit. It really did feel like a little slice of Italy.

Visited June 2014

Andover, Massachusetts
“Great Food, but they really stuck it to us on the grappa”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Good stuff: Osteria Panevino has excellent Italian food, and very good table service. All four in our party enjoyed the food as the quality was excellent. The entree prices are reasonable (~$20-25 plate).

Bad stuff: At the end of our meal we decided to have one shot of grappa each, and we followed the waiters recommnedation for the type. When the bill came, we saw that they charged us $25 each for a tiny glass of grappa, total $100 extra on the bill. Sure, we did not ask about the cost in advance, but to have a shot of grappa cost as much as the food is ridiculous. We protested politely, and they knocked one grappa off the bill. I left there very disappointed and felt the restaurant really hosed us.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Matt_M_D8663XT
San Ramon, California
“Authentic Italian Osteria in the heart of the Gaslamp District”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

From the warm "Buona Sera" greetings to the excellent service of a delicious meal, I felt like I was back in Florence.
I highly recommend this restaurant; it was by far the best meal our group of convention attendees had while we were in San Diego. The risotto is haunting my taste buds - delicioso!

• Visited May 2014
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Excellent Italian food on 5th Avenue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We enjoyed our meal at Panevino. My house Chardonnay was excellent (though I cannot seem to find it anywhere online). All of the food was also excellent. I didn't think their Tiramisu was as good as some that I have had.

Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Fantastico e Deliciosa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Can't say enough about Osteria Panevino. Had a magnificant dinner on Mother's Day & were also celebrating my birthday. We took our server's (Giuseppe's) suggestions for primi as well as main course. Fantastic! We had the special Bocconcini as our primi -- simply wonderful; mozzarelli covered with prosciutto & served on a bed of spinich. It was great. For main course, my wife had the special spaghetti mediterranian (think frutti di mari) & I had the Halibut special. Wow! Can't say enough about the food or the service. Nice wine list too whether by the glass or the bottle. Not rushed. Take your time enjoy. Speaking in Italiano was an added bonus. The best Tiramisu we've had anywhere & the espresso was very good (special blend from Sicily). Grappa on the house to say "Happy Birthday" was another added special touch. People watching along 5th Avenue was fun too. We'll be back here whenever we're in San Diego ... just wish we lived here so we could go all the time,. Its that good. (We ate outside which I'd recommend but probably nice inside too)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TravelSinceRetired

Been to Osteria Panevino? Share your experiences!