“Gaslamp stay”
Review of Osteria Panevino

Osteria Panevino
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Panevino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 4,964 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$30 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: On 5th between F & G
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Osteria Panevino was a sidewalk choice. Wanted Italian and a place to sit outside and people watch. The food was very good and the people watching was great. Overall and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great patio table for people watching. Food was wonderful. Our server was a charming Italian lady, heading back home to Naples for a visit. It really did feel like a little slice of Italy.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Good stuff: Osteria Panevino has excellent Italian food, and very good table service. All four in our party enjoyed the food as the quality was excellent. The entree prices are reasonable (~$20-25 plate).

Bad stuff: At the end of our meal we decided to have one shot of grappa each, and we followed the waiters recommnedation for the type. When the bill came, we saw that they charged us $25 each for a tiny glass of grappa, total $100 extra on the bill. Sure, we did not ask about the cost in advance, but to have a shot of grappa cost as much as the food is ridiculous. We protested politely, and they knocked one grappa off the bill. I left there very disappointed and felt the restaurant really hosed us.

1  Thank Matt_M_D8663XT
Reviewed 23 May 2014

From the warm "Buona Sera" greetings to the excellent service of a delicious meal, I felt like I was back in Florence.
I highly recommend this restaurant; it was by far the best meal our group of convention attendees had while we were in San Diego. The risotto is haunting my taste buds - delicioso!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We enjoyed our meal at Panevino. My house Chardonnay was excellent (though I cannot seem to find it anywhere online). All of the food was also excellent. I didn't think their Tiramisu was as good as some that I have had.

Been to Osteria Panevino? Share your experiences!