“Awesome Mexican food in Old Town”
Review of Casa Guadalajara

Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I ate at Casa Guadalajara with a friend in May 2014, and really like everything about this restaurant. While shopping I asked one of the sales girls if they had family in town where would they take them for dinner, without hesitation she said Casa Guadalajara. That was some great advice.

The restaurant is located in Old Town San Diego. The atmosphere is very early California Mexican. The service was excellent. The food was delicious, portion size was good, and the drinks were delicious.

The price was reasonable for the tourist area.

I look forward to eating here again during my next visit to San Diego. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all of my family and friends.

There are newer reviews for Casa Guadalajara

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We were down visiting family and had to eat at Casa Guadalajara's in Old Town, this is a MUST eat at place if you ever find yourself down in the San Diego area. I've been fortunate to have been able to eat here many a times over the years and have never been disappointed. This place always has a line waiting to get in so plan for that, but once inside you will feel as though you have been swept away to Old Mexico. Great Drinks, Great Food and Great atmosphere! Try the seafood chimichanga you won't be disappointed, oh and ask to be seated outside.... It's perfect!
If you are planing a trip to SD, visit the old Mission, then stroll thru Old Town and then reward yourself with a great gift and end the day with a Fantastic experience and amazing food at Casa Guadalajara's!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Even though the deco was a bit over the top, the food was quite tasty and I think it is a good choice for mexican in the old town. Had the Pollo con Mole and was nice although not very spicy. Big servings too. Would go back.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We asked at Old Town 'where's the best place of the 50+ choices to eat here?" The clerks asked me back "do you want the most popular place, or the best tasting food?" The taste of course, and so they directed us to Casa Guadalajara. What a treat! Glad we got there before 6 PM on Friday night, because when we came out it was quite the crowd waiting. Excellent food, dining on the patio, atmosphere was a delight, and the mariachi band was a treat as well. If you order the taco salad, you'll need to share it with someone (it's huge and yummy!).

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We hit Old Town for some good Mexican food. Never had been there before but reviews seemed good. I had the carnitas plate, my sister had fajitas and I don't remember what my mom had. My food was great. The corn tortillas were so good. I also really enjoyed their large (very, very, very large) margarita. We had a great time. There was a mariachi band playing. The place is noisy - probably due to the tile, etc. and they were quite busy. Although since we got there early we didn't have any wait and were taken straight back to a table. On our way out, we say the HUGE line of people and were very happy to have been there early. Our server was very attentive. My sister had room for dessert and said the fried ice cream was great. My only complaint was I managed to eat too much and was not able to have dessert.