“Best Mexican”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have never been to Mexico so I don't know what authentic Mexican food is, but this place served the best Mexican food I have ever tasted! I could here every day! I also loved the ambiance.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We ate here a year ago and thought it was great. We were back in town for Memorial day and decided to take my Dad there to see if he would like it, too. He loved it! He had the Ensenada fish tacos--which were huge pieces of fried fish in corn tortillas and all the toppings. I had the carnitas tacos and they were amazing. My husband had the seafood stuffed peppers and loved them. The service is very fast and the servers are friendly. Food comes out very quickly and piping hot. Chips and salsa are very good, too. A must visit! Portions are huge, so consider sharing.

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I ate at Casa Guadalajara with a friend in May 2014, and really like everything about this restaurant. While shopping I asked one of the sales girls if they had family in town where would they take them for dinner, without hesitation she said Casa Guadalajara. That was some great advice.

The restaurant is located in Old Town San Diego. The atmosphere is very early California Mexican. The service was excellent. The food was delicious, portion size was good, and the drinks were delicious.

The price was reasonable for the tourist area.

I look forward to eating here again during my next visit to San Diego. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all of my family and friends.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We were down visiting family and had to eat at Casa Guadalajara's in Old Town, this is a MUST eat at place if you ever find yourself down in the San Diego area. I've been fortunate to have been able to eat here many a times over the years and have never been disappointed. This place always has a line waiting to get in so plan for that, but once inside you will feel as though you have been swept away to Old Mexico. Great Drinks, Great Food and Great atmosphere! Try the seafood chimichanga you won't be disappointed, oh and ask to be seated outside.... It's perfect!
If you are planing a trip to SD, visit the old Mission, then stroll thru Old Town and then reward yourself with a great gift and end the day with a Fantastic experience and amazing food at Casa Guadalajara's!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Even though the deco was a bit over the top, the food was quite tasty and I think it is a good choice for mexican in the old town. Had the Pollo con Mole and was nice although not very spicy. Big servings too. Would go back.