“Good Food & Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of El Fandango Restaurant - CLOSED

El Fandango Restaurant
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Old Town
San Jacinto, California
“Good Food & Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

After a long walk at Old Town San Diego, we decided to stop by the nearest restaurant to eat some lunch. El Fandango restaurant location is ideal, it is inside the center of the historic park. I personally loved the quiet atmosphere and the lovely authentic mexican patio decor. The waiter was very friendly and talkative. The food is good, I do recommend it. Order some Sopes to start off, they were very delicious and the prices are reasonable...overall enjoyed our lunch at El Fandango.

• Visited August 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting but fairly average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Visiting old town and picked this place out of random choice. can't say it was anything special. everything was pretty average. the food came quickly and service was okay. good sides was that it was reasonably priced. the places up the street and out of the pedistrian areas appered busier but had queues. guess they must be better, so would go there next. if you want quick fairly average food and service this is okay. nothing wrong, just not special.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Robert H
Newport on Tay Scotland
“Worst meal and service I have ever had.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband and I visited the Old Town on July 4th and went here for lunch. Place didn't seem too busy but staff were obviously not coping. Eventually someone took our order and brought our drinks. Waited ages and eventually were given a plate of nachos and salsa and a complimentary beer for my husband - nothing for me. After about 35 min meal arrived. Mine was so disgusting I couldn't eat it - the chicken in the buritto looked as it had been around from when the first settlers arrived, my husbands food was tasteless although he ate it due to the long wait he was starving. When the bill arrived they had charged for the complimentary beer... Would not recommend anyone to eat here.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AllyL
Omaha, Nebraska
“Beware of the salsa - muy caliente”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Wait staff was very polite - food was great! If you don't like really hot salsa, avoid theirs. It was good, but it trended toward mouth-burning/numbing (drink LOTS of water). Highly recommended.

Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Middle of the road”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We came to San Diego to visit some friends who wanted us to try "authentic" Mexican food and brought us here. I can't say if it was truly "authentic" but it was different than other Mexican places I have been to. The service was a little slow, and it's hard to have a conversation with the others at your table when the musicians keep coming over to play at your table. I have no complaints about the food, and everyone I was with seemed to like theirs as well. This is nothing to write home about, but is not bad.

Visited June 2013