“Great Staff, Very Clean”

Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Rancho Bernardo
Ranked #54 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stay at this HGI frequently. The staff is consistently reliable and you can count on them to help make your stay better. I work nights when I come out here and the rooms are quiet even when full. There are awesome "blackout" shades on the windows making it much easier to sleep during the day...something that I'm not used to doing. I let the front desk know my odd hours and they apparently alerted the housekeeping staff because even though I sometimes didn't get out of my room until 4:00pm, my room was always refreshed when I returned. I've stayed at the DoubleTree Golf Resort once and although, not bad, this hotel blows them away in service.

The breakfast is very good as well. Lots of choices and freshly made and delivered to your table. Again, the staff in the restaraunt is also very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelling_Krackah

Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed here to attend a wedding. The staff was very accommodating, letting us check in early to get ready. The room was very nice, and the beds were very, very comfy. They have a breakfast buffet, however it's too pricey.
My advice is to get a room on the 2nd or 3 rd floor, we were disturbed several time during the night by noisy patrons, not the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor, especially near elevators or the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed here while visiting family. I found that even though the hotel is just minutes from the Interstate 15, the rooms were extremely quiet. Also - the room and hotel was clean, bed comfortable. Free Internet. I am a HHonors Diamond member -so I had free water and free breakfast. The breakfast was good and cooked to order - fresh food - fruits, juices, eggs, omelets, etc. I did not eat dinner in the restaurant but like the Stir Fresh accross the parking lot. There is also a grocery store and several other restaurants nearby.

The hotel is also about 15 minutes away from a nice shopping mall (North County Fair)

I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding near by at the Bernardo Winery. This was my first experience at a Hilton property and we were pleasantly surprised. The location is excellent, near the freeway and only about two miles from the winery and the Rancho Bernardo Inn, where most of the wedding functions were taking place. the rooms were very clean and well appointed for an express hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the decor was modern. Fantastic value if you're in the area and don't want to pay the premium at the Inn.

Helpful Hint: There is a great little cafe in the shopping center just south of the hotel called the Incredible Cafe. We had a really good breakfast there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I've stayed at Hilton Garden Inns a number of times, and have always been impressed at the professionalism of the staff and ambience of the surroundings. This branch in San Diego was no exception.
I was down in San Diego for the week on business and enjoyed every minute of my time in the hotel. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are a decent size. Wireless works well.
Breakfast is good and if you are a Hilton Honors member, then there is no charge.
Lots of good eating places within a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Read some reviews that trashed this property and the surrounding area. I found nothing lacking in any area. I loved the area especially the Mongolian restaurant that exposed me to a new way of preparing my meal and just a great eating experience. Chrissy at the front desk was great. She straightened out a booking snafu and gave me a quiet room on the top floor. Even though we faced the pool and had a ( ugh!) youth group staying there for Labor Day weekend, we survived with no emotional or physical battle wounds. How they allowed them to take over the pool one night and had a pool party and bar b q, had me miffed. The Hilton? Condoning this? I must admit I was more than a little surprised.Jaccuzzi needs a scrubbing. Nice place though. Good breakfast (omelet guy gets a thumbs up). Staff was great. Would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor and single elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAYTRAVEL1958
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I just held a work event at this hotel yesterday and was very impressed. When I travel to this area for work, this is the hotel I always stay at, so I thought it would be a good place to hold an event and I was right. Event room was clean and well set up. Shannon was so accommodating and easy to work with. The food was really good, the price was reasonable, and they have lots of parking. As other reviewers has stated, the hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel for your event needs!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business