“Just average”

Ranked #13 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Ocean Beach
Redwood City, CA
“Just average”
Reviewed 18 July 2005

After I read the reviews, I looked forward to try Hodad's burger. However, I was quite disappointed after I tried it. The burger and the fries were just average, definitely not the best.

3 Thank dingdongcat

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awesome”
Reviewed 28 June 2005

Best Hamburger in the world? If not, I don't know what is! First meal on our vacation, hard act to follow. The atmosphere comes right out of a beach party movie. The wait service was efficient and friendly. Prices were reasonable, and the food fantastic!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best burgers”
Reviewed 12 April 2005

Hodad's had the most fabulous hamburgers I've ever eaten. The double is gigantic. We also tried the onion rings, milkshakes and beer. Everything was excellent. The waitstaff is young, cool and so friendly. It's the only restaurant we went to more than once during our trip to SD. The atmosphere is cool and relaxed. You've gotta love it!

8 Thank ottodog