“Best sushi!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
San Diego, California
“Best sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Our family loves sushi, so we frequent the sushi bar often. Great service, you hardly wait for anything. Shogun roll and ceviche roll, some of our favorites just to name a couple. Fairly priced. You will not be disappointed. Very yummy!

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
El Paso
“Very entertaining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

There were 6 of us and we all ordered different meals. The chef prepared them all at our table and gave us each a bite of the other dishes , which I thought was great. Each one of them tasted superbe. I ordered scallops and for the first time ever they were cooked to perfection. I will definitely go back the next time I am in San Diego. My husband had steak teriyaki, the kids had chicken and fish and others had shrimp.

• Visited February 2014
Prescott, Arizona
“Don't miss it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Had a wonderful meal with my hubby. Chef Chris was excellent [who says white men don't cook!]
He gave me tastes of fried rice and shrimps when only my hubby ordered them. How nice..and yummy! Ordered the Prime option for the meat ordered....omg it was the bomb. I'm fussy with my scallops and Chef Chris nailed it. I was in heaven. Came away SO stuffed, had to get a to go box. See ya again Shogun.

• Visited January 2014
San Diego, California
“Lively Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I like to eat at the bar at lunch where I can get the food from the grills without the crowds and the show. But the show is fun at dinner or with friends. The bartenders are nice and efficient---I can single out Steve as being very pleasant. The combination of New York Steak and Sesame Chicken is my favorite. Order a bottle of Sycamore Hill Chardonnay and you will be set. I like the fact that at Shogun Kobe you are shown to a grill and you wait for it to be filled before the chef makes an appearance, which gives you time to relax, order your wine or even to enjoy an appetizer. At Benihana, on the other hand, the protocol is that you wait in the bar before the hostess can corral eight people and then you are all brought in at the same time to a waiting chef who will finish cooking your meal with lightening speed before the check is slapped down to all eight people at the same time: boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom and then you are all booted out to allow the next waiting eight to be dragged in from the bar. Thankfully, that practice does not occur at Shogun Kobe.

• Visited December 2013
Oceanside, California
“Family fun night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We made a reservation, hanged out at the sushi bar, enjoyed tasty rolls and were called to the "show" table! The cook performed superbly in front of us, it fas fun to watch and then eat our perfect order!

Visited November 2013