“Great place to hang out!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
Ranked #13 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 7 October 2013

As you know, I have made many trips to this property, but there is a reason why. I believe it's the perfect place to stay whether you are in San Diego for business, pleasure, family reunion, or just to hang out. On this trip we had the opportunity to briefly show a friend around the area. I have read other reviews that talk about the distance into the city, but really it is worth it, and it's not that bad. Plus...you can't argue with free parking! One day we went down to Belmont Park, and the beach...it took about 20 minutes. That night my friend and I were also able to enjoy the spa next door and get the 'happy hour' specials. It was very relaxing, and I highly recommend it. The next day we hung out around the hotel and pool before taking off to the airport, which took about 15 minutes. Of course, timing with traffic is everything, but no complaints. The staff is also wonderful. We always enjoy chatting with Jamie, visiting with Andrew, and getting dinner from Norma. They are always smiling and ready to help, unless you get a traffic ticket. = P Yeah...be careful making U-turns! Anyway, we enjoyed our trip, like usual, and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I haven't stayed in a room I didn't like, but I personally like being by the staircase so I...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Again, Hilton has done it! Very comfortable hotel and close to everything based on your activities. We were down for a family get together and the location was perfect, close to everything that we had to do, but for enough from the noise of the city. Great breakfast, staff comes by to get your dishes. Housekeeping was great job, need more towels they are at your door in 5 minutes. Kudos to the entire staff keep up the great job. We will be sending a letter to Corp for a job well done

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The suites were clean, quiet and had a nice atmosphere. The air con was noisy but by the second night we just used the fan and it was great. Surprised that they also offered dinner as well as breakfast which was great. Really nice, healthy and tasty home style cooking.

Bulb blew in the ensuite bathroom and they had it fixed in the hour. Game console not working. They were up in 5 min and had it fixed. Really nice friendly service.

Definately stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor and it was fine. Very quiet. Good size for a family of 5. 2 kids shared King...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Very comfortable hotel. Would definitely stay there again. Staff was very friendly, especially Jamie, Norma and Genevive! Nice pool area, close to another Hilton hotel with a restaurant and bar. Felt at home at the Homewood.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel is located in a safe and quiet area (higher end homes) and should be easily located by new guests arriving at the airport. Parking is sufficient and the spaces are a good size. I was greeted warmly by the hotel staff who welcomed me back to the hotel with a smile (stayed here before for two weeks in 2012). The room easy to find (location signs on the wall) and was comfortable and clean. I prefer my room cold while sleeping and my room had good AC and a ceiling fan. My reward club gift was delivered to my room in a couple of hours after I checked in. The kitchen in the room was nice and I did cook one meal during my one week stay. They should supply dish liquid and one dishwasher POD. The breakfast consisted of a wide variety of items (scrambled eggs, muffins, cereal, and waffles and was tasty, but the provided hot dinner Monday thru Thursday was outstanding and the kitchen staff was friendly. The hotel location was quiet and the grounds were clean and well maintained. I also used the laundry in the hotel. The machines operated in an efficient manner and my clothes were done in no time. I would recommend this location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Very nice hotel with a hot breakfast included. Everything appeared to be clean and up to par. Enjoyed the room with 2 TVs and the ceiling fan. Would stay there again when in the area. Also, free parking.

Room Tip: We liked the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The concept of Homewood is simple, like being a guest at a family members home. Peaceful, friendly, inviting and secure. A great way to travel and we have, all across the country. This is the fifth time we have stayed here, and we have family in the area, this hotel treats you better than family. What other recommendation can be made. Access to the freeway is outstanding, yet no freeway noise.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple