“Couldn't have been more cared for”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
Ranked #15 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Couldn't have been more cared for”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The folks at this hotel had one thing in mind...my comfort. They were very helpful and dis whatever thwy could to make sure I had a great stay. I felt pampered from the moment I walked through the doors.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
fremont, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Overall it was an enjoyable stay. I would stay there again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would like to see more choices for breakfast items but food was good. The close access for spa services was a definite added bonus!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Wife and I stayed here for a week and used it as a base to take in local attractions. Very good hotel. Location is quiet suburban area but you can be in San Diego, La Jolla, or at the Torrey Pines Preserve in minutes as
I-5 is nearby.

Breakfast is well done every day. Monday-Thursday there is dinner buffet that is excellent. If you don't want to go out for either meal, you can get along very nicely with these meals. Management is on top of everything and assures guest's satisfaction. Many kudos to them.

Hot tub and heated pool are very nice.

I'd have given this hotel all 5 stars but for a couple of items. Booked a king suite but never got it upon arrival. Got a queen suite instead. Queen bed was small and mattress sloped toward middle. Not the most comfortable.

Otherwise I highly recommend this property and would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter H
Ryan B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you Peter H. for your wonderful review! Our location really is great for accessing all that San Diego has to offer, and we are glad you had a chance to take advantage of that. We are also happy you had a chance to enjoy both our breakfast and dinner options as well. We are sorry though that your room was not what you were expecting. If you don't mind please feel free to email me at rburke@homewoodsuitesdelmar.com so we can find out what happened and make it right.

Thank you again and we hope to hear from you soon.
Meaford, ON
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The staff were very helpful and friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable. We did not attend the managers reception but the Complimentary Breakfast selection was very good and they have excellent coffee. The pool area is very small and shaded, likely great in the hot summer months but during the shoulder seasons not a good destination for those who want to spend time around a pool. Overall we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank jonbr
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites San Diego-Del Mar for 8 weeks. It couldn't have been better, everyone was super friendly and accommodating. Any minor issues (light bulb out) were resolved immediately. It was very hard being away from home for that long but they made it easier, the front desk staff new my name and greeted me every morning as I was leaving and night when I came back. The room was large, comfortable and clean. My family came for a week to visit and the housekeeping staff even made my 3 years olds little portable blow up bed every day by straightening his blanket and arranging his animals (it was very sweet). The staff always seemed happy to be at work and enjoying their jobs. Courtney, Julie and Norma (there was one other lady and young man whose names I cant remember) made the stay that much more enjoyable with their friendliness and helpfulness. I was originally supposed to stay in the Gaslamp District but I found myself scrambling last minute to find a place that I could live with for 8 weeks. I am extremely happy I happened upon this place!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Kristl P
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was not very impressed with my stay here but I did not spend much time in the room. We came to this location because we were, my boyfriend and I, going to the SD Zoo and Safari park and this place is only a 20-30 minute drive from each of them.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Elizabeth Z
Ryan B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you Elizabeth Z for the review. We are sorry that you were not impressed by our property. We were hoping you would be willing to fill us in on some specifics of your experience, and if there is anything we can do to truly give you an amazing experience next time we would love to know that as well. If you have time please email me at rburke@homewoodsuitesdelmar.com. I would love to hear from you. Thanks again!
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed for 1 night on a business trip. Registration was the definition of efficient. In about 2 minutes I was given all of the information that I needed without even asking including being told I had been complementarily upgraded to a nice suite. The room was everything I needed and everything worked well. It was one of those stays when I wished I was staying longer because the room was great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business