“Once again, really nice.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
Ranked #25 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We decided on a spontaneous get-away and chose this hotel - again.
Great place for family with kids. Breakfast is super convenient and the dinner is an added bonus. Staff went out of their way to be helpful and courteous. We were put in a smoking room by mistake and Peris cheerfully and quickly changed our room. Kimmie went out of her way to find me some herbal tea for breakfast. Will definitely return. Good job .

1  Thank OCfamilyo5
Write a ReviewReviews (1,638)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My 27 day stay was great! The staff, including the owner, is like family. The staff calls you by name, is eager to assist you, and is happy to greet you with a friendly smile after a long day of work. I can't express my thanks and gratitude enough regarding the staff members. I used most every possible amenity they offer; from grocery shopping to use of the shuttle. It didn’t matter what I needed, they saw the task through. Thanks again for a great stay! You people rock!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joan O
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The location is great and the staff is over the top!!! They really go out of their way to make you feel special and a part of their "Homewood Family". The dinners were prepared by a chef and you can tell! The variety of dinners on Monday-Thursday were great and their selection of local craft beer can't be forgotten. Will definately be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Joan O
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My friends and I enjoyed an excellent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Del Mar. All staff members were exceptional in their positive attitudes and desire to help make our stay a great one. The suite was very clean and comfortable. Breakfasts and dinners were very tasty. We plan to return!

Room Tip: Our two bedroom corner suite worked out very well.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Although it is not a luxuary accommodation, they make it easy for families. We rented two bedroom suite and it was comfortable. Being able to eat breakfast on their premise made morning less hectic. The staff members were friendly and helpful. We went to legoland, SD zoo, and sea world. We felt that location was ideal because the property is located in the mid way between legoland and sea world. It you do plan to go to legoland and other locations in San Diego, I highly recommend the place. If you do not plan to go to legoland, there is another homewood suite that is a better location. Overall, I felt that it was a great choice for our family.

2  Thank Vegasmama85
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for my daughters soccer tournament in the Del Rey area. From the time I stared booking the group until the end of our trip the staff could not have been more responsive and accomodating. I primarily dealt with Kimmy and Courtney and while I was there Robert, who was behind the desk and he was fantastic. One night I was seeking a seafood restaurant that would accomodate 14 in the next 2 hours and l left it up to Robert. He called me in my room 10 minutes later to see he got us a reservation. The Fish Market (or Seafood Market) was great.

The location was great for the tournament and we were a quick drive to La Jolla and the zoo.

I stayed in a king suite which is exactly as I expected. The sink was outside of the bathroom which was handy. The small kitchen was perfect for our needs. The room was cleam and the beds very comfortable. The snack bag upon arrival with a brief note was perfect!

The complimentary breakfast had eggs, meat, make your own waffles, incredible fresh fruit, cereals and yogurts and breads. Enough for what we needed.

We will be in the same area next year and plan to return.

1  Thank luv2travel068
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We loved our stay - wish we had planned to stay longer! Robert at the front desk referred us to a "kid friendly beach" (Del Mar) and we had the best time! Our room was super clean and comfortable. We definitely want to come back!!!