“Wow all the way!!!”

Ranked #15 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Tucson, Arizona
“Wow all the way!!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Amazing location! Beautiful inside and out! Staff was friendly from check-in to breakfast to check-out. Fantastic customer service by all, but especially Robert and Marissa! Wish we were there now and can't wait to book again!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Courtney R, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi thefaziofamily,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review and generous comments. I will be passing along the great compliments to our staff as well as Robert and Marissa personally. We look forward to having you back as our guest during your next trip to San Diego!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at this hotel on May 20-22 for 2 nights. Everything was perfect but the customer service was exceptional, from the front desk staff to the staff manning the complementary breakfast. First of all we left the key for the lock on my husband's suitcase at home and figured we needed a screwdriver. I called housekeeping and a maintenance person arrived soon after the call and saved the day. The next day we noticed that our disposal wasn't working and again maintenance came to the rescue. The breakfast staff were attentive to the needs of the guests which really impressed us. The breakfast area was clean and food was always available. Everyone at the hotel was courteous, pleasant and greeted us with a smile. We always stay at a Homewood Suites and this property ranks as one of the best. The room was clean and modern. We also like the free parking. Thanks everyone for a great stay!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Courtney R, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hello Jo D,

Thank you so much for writing such an exceptional review! I am happy to hear our maintenance staff were always there when you needed them. Our staff really tries to go out of their way and make every guest feel welcomed and at home. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and I can not wait to have you back on your next trip to San Diego!
Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great place for travellers with family - large suites. Very clean Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was only OK but it did include hot items every day and a wide variety. Given you pretty much need a car in San Diego although this was in the suburbs it didn't take long to get to any attractions. Parking was free, which really added value compared to other places.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back so no view but very quiet
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi MsfromMississauga,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! We really appreciate it. I am glad you and your family were able to enjoy you time here at Homewood. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon! Should you have any further comments, questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was my second trip to San Diego with my first trip being for vacation but this 2nd trip for business. I have never written a hotel review but I enjoyed my stay so much that I definitely needed to write a review for those that are trying to make the best decision on a trip to San Diego. My stay was from 5/28-5/31/14, so yes I just got back home. The hotel is located in a beautiful area and is well kept and maintained. The rooms are pretty big for hotel standard size ( hence suites) and are furnished with a modern homestyle design. They were doing some renovations on site ( wasn't noisy at all and my room was close by) so more updates seem to be coming. The room came equipped with a stove top, microwave, dishwasher, sink and kitchen size refrigerator. By the way in case you're wondering I stayed in a standard queen bed room suite. Breakfast is served daily and is not the basic bagel, muffin and coffee that some hotels offer. In addition to this there are choices of different types of cereal, oatmeal, granola, eggs, waffles, sausages, tater tots, yogurt, assortment of fruits, juices, breads, muffins, bagels plus others. Breakfast specials changes daily but the above mentioned are served everyday. Monday- Thursday they serve complimentary dinner which also boasts buffet style choices with beer and wine included. It is all set in a nice dining area indoors but there is outdoor seating by the pool close by if you prefer. The staff here are AMAZING!!! ( which is the biggest reason for my review) From the front desk, to room service, shuttle service, pantry/ food service, manager, everyone I came in contact with were GENUINELY attentive, friendly and had a spirit of service. Hindsight is 20/20 so if I knew then what I know now I would have stayed at Hilton Homewood for my 1st visit with my family instead of the other hotel we picked based on the name and star rating. Quality of service and amenities there could not compare to Hilton Homewood . Whoever is doing the hiring at Hilton Homewood is doing a great job because I had a consistently good experience with everyone I came in contact with and felt right at home even though I wasn't home. This is definitely a family's vacation hotel pic and works well for the business traveller as well. It says a lot when you remember the names of staff at a hotel and interestingly enough I remembered them all that I met ... Thanks to Kevin, Nara, Robert, John, Arturo ( Arthur) and Fernando they made my stay in San Diego memorable and helpful and I highly recommend this hotel as a families vacation top choice for a visit to San Diego.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank 1PaulaG
Courtney R, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Hi 1PaulaG

Let me start out by saying thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am so glad to hear you were able to enjoy all that our hotel has to offer! We really do strive to make every guest feel at home, and it looks like we did just that. I will pass along all the great compliments to our staff and we cannot wait to have you back on your next trip to San Diego!
Buena Park, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Chkd-in during memorial wknd, but booked ste was in water dmg wing. Hvy fans/machinery in hallway. Had to chg rooms, but overbooked so only available studio. We are traveling w/ infant, studios don't work. Sat in dark room most of the stay to allow baby to sleep. Hotel staff is friendly, free bfast: scrambled eggs w/ cheddar spinach, ham, tator tots. Waffles, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, bagels/toast, drinks.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Booked about 30 minutes before arrival. Rates were better than the Embassy a little further south, with no parking fees. Staff was excellent, with service appropriate from a much more expensive hotel. Felt like part of their family, especially at breakfast. Easy to get to, although rush hour traffic on the 5/805 was awful so we took that into consideration when traveling places although as vacationers it wasn't really that big a deal. We'd stay here again.

Huntington Beach, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2014

hotel was great loved that it served breakfast and some dinner free parking that you can't find in san diego the location to the sripps green hospital were my husbands surgery was 5min away we stayed 2-wks had a 1-bdr ste/kitchenette loved it lost of rm. The staff was the most amazing part of the whole stay very caring,informative,helpful you name it they helped love u guys

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Courtney R, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hi Gayle O,

Thank you for the amazing scores and wonderful comments. I am happy to hear that our staff was attentive and was able to make your stay pleasant! We really strive for a family atmosphere here at Homewood. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to increase the level of service you received. We can't wait to welcome you back on your next trip to San Diego!