“Awesome Taco Tuesday!”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We walked through Old Town checking the Taco Tuesday menus and settled on Fred's which seemed to have the best deals. We had to wait a while for a table which was a little frustrating, but in the end we enjoyed the meal. The waitress was very attentive despite being busy and took great care of our food allergy concerns.

They have a taco Tuesday special taco which was the Crispy Chicken Taco. It was good and I'm glad I got to try it. The atmosphere was very festive and everyone seemed to be having a good time. A fun place to eat and good food as well.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

There are many choices for a meal while in Old Town San Diego .... but Fred's is a light and lively, colorful and upbeat location with many well prepared Mexican leaning selections.
Service is with a smile, efficient and friendly yet not intrusive.
A great choice when in the San Diego area.

1  Thank DesertBoomers
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had to switch our reservation a few times and they were very accommodating. Our wait time didn't seem so bad because there are so many little shops to browse.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Fred's was crowded when we got there just outside Old Town San Diego, but the service was fast. They have very good Cajun shrimp tacos and soft shelled chicken tacos. A lot of seating is outdoors. They are dog friendly, so you can actually bring your dog here.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Of all the options to eat in Old Town, my brother and I chose Fred's Mexican Cafe, and we were not disappointed. We began with two ice cold draft beers. I order a Mexican Chicken with beans and rice dish. There was enough for two people! Two chicken breasts and plenty of beans and rice.
It was a tasty dish, but after the fact wished I had ordered the tacos. My brother had the calamari and shrimp tacos. They too were generous in size and my brother said they were excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definately go there again when in San Diego.