“If it didn't have an excellent view.....” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Edgewater Grill

Edgewater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Edgewater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #343 of 4,698 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$20 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Grass Valley, California
“If it didn't have an excellent view.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This place wouldn't get more than 1 star if it wasn't for there world class view of the water. I chose to order the fish, shrimp and chips combo after getting inside and seeing some very poor reviews. I thought it would be pretty hard it screw that up. They did!

$18 for two shrimp and the tiniest piece of fish you have ever seen? Surely the taste would make up for the small portion....right. Nope. The same could be said for my wife's shrimp and avocado salad. Totally disappointed by the fact that she got just one tiny piece of avocado.

Move on and avoid the seduction of the view! You can't eat the view!

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Rochester, NY
“Absolutely horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Even after reading the warnings on trip advisor we went to eat lunch at the edgewater grill. What a waste of money. Pizza was horrible. I ordered a Reuben that had little meat in it. And it tasted funny. I opened it up and the entire inside of the bread was completely burnt. The chef obviously was too lazy to toast the burnt bread so he just put it on the inside. Unbelievable. Service was not good. It took about 10 minutes to get somebody to the table to show them my sandwich. Don't waste your time or money.

1 Thank JillRochester_NY
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Perfect location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The location couldn't be much better. The restaurant is in Seaport Village which is a shopping center that I learned from a tour was designed by Disney. The Edgewater sits right by the water and the views of San Diego Bay are excellent, especially at sunset. My NY Strip was good and my sweet potato casserole was really good. I was surprised at $30+ cost for the steaks that they included only one side. I was pleased with my meal, but I think the main attraction here is the Bay. It was a very short walk from the Embassy Suites

Treviso, Veneto, Italy
“DO NOT GO HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

This is just a terrible place. I love a place with some sunshine and a nice view to chill and eat some good food and drink some wine. So I went with 3 friends and we sat at the bar waiting for our table. The barman refused to serve me because my ID wasn't good enough... He would only accept my passport and I'm not too comfortable going for drinks with that in my pocket. I thought since I'm 27 it would be fine but he was completely ignorant to my explanation. I felt like a child after the way he spoke to me, very unprofessional.
When we sat, the table was dirty and the food that arrived was terrible. They charge a fee that suggests quality and I would have happily paid however it was clear that everything they served us was straight from Walmart. Processed and either over/under cooked. The server was very nice... I felt sorry for him because he'll never make decent tips with the standard of food.
I travel all the time, have been doing so for 7 years now and I have never written a bad review... Until now.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“The view makes up for everything else...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The pizzas are good, and some of the other food is average to good, but what you really come here for is to sit outside, and watch the boats go by on the bay and enjoy the gorgeous view. Enjoying the beautiful sunshine and a glass of wine with a friend is what San Diego is all about. Take it in.

Visited March 2014