“Smart Location, Hospitable Staff, Charming B&B”

Found Hotel San Diego
Ranked #4 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Smart Location, Hospitable Staff, Charming B&B”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I found this gem surfing the internet while looking for a getaway weekend for couples.Diwntown San Diego within walking distance to Little Italy/ Gas lamp district this is a fab spot!
The hotel has a very curious name and in my one overnight night experience I found myself wishing we could stay a few days longer. The cocktail hour was quite lovely. Boyfriend and I had a chance to mingle and unwind with the other guests before heading out to dinner. The room was comfy, the interior decor throughout is filled with interesting, Victorian reminiscent pieces with a modern twist. It reminded me of my own home in upstate NY. The staff were cool and super helpful. The breakfast was a hit with local pastries and a rich, bold coffee but that really had me at the yogurt and Farmers Market granola. This establishment lives up to its name. I am all in and ready to stay again!

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms then decide, it always giod to have options. I chose the room with the private...
1 Thank E P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I'm a fan of Hotel Vyvant; I like that it feels like you've entered an old, spacious house complete with chandeliers. The folks working there were exceedingly kind and seemed pleased to be working where they are. We had two bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi and the other with the shower/bath combo. You're truly about 5 minutes from excellent restaurants and, while close to the airport, it wasn't noisy at all. My one complaint was that the toilet paper holder was broken and aesthetically looked bad. For the cost, well. But I would happily stay here again and recommend Vyvant highly to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sm837
seattle
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This hotel worked out great for us, we drove from Palm Springs to San Diego to visit a friend. Our room was quite nice, two bathrooms! One with a large tub/jacuzzi and another regular bathroom with a shower.
Even though the hotel is near a busy highway, sleeping was not problem, the hotel seemed quite quiet. We could park right in front of the hotel which was a big plus, even though we walked to restaurants and our friend's condo.
I would stay at this hotel again, breakfast was included although we did not eat.

Coronado, California
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was a small get-away for our anniversary. I booked the SPA KING for our stay and thoroughly enjoyed the spa tub. It was a nice surprise that my 6'4"/265lb hubbs and I both fit. No stretching out for him, but still room enough to enjoy our bubblebath. The room was smaller than the website photos made it appear but was still quite cozy. My hubbs thought the traffic below and the path of airplanes would keep him up but we didn't hear them at all.

The complimentary breakfast was fabulous - fresh pastries brought in each morning, granola, and fresh fruit. Choice of coffee, milk, soy milk, fruit juices and fruit infused water. Then there was the complimentary happy hour. Not sure if only available on the weekend but was nice to have. We didn't share as we were presented with a bottle of champagne upon our arrival.

Due to the vintageness of the building, some rooms do not have private baths. Read the descriptions of each room before booking. They are all decorated beautifully and simply.

The parking can get a little tricky. But honestly, once you park you can either walk, cab it or trolley it to just about anywhere. You're in Little Italy, so you have many shops and restaurants to choose from. Becca referred us to Filipes for dinner on our first night. Unbelievable!!! Italian cuisine is all my all time fave food and I've never had lasagna, eggplant parmigiano or meatballs like this. We had dinner there each night! (TIP: If you want to avoid the line, you'll have to head out closer to 4-5pm) You'll see what I mean as you leave from dinner. Half hour to hour wait if you want a late dinner :(

The hotel clerks were absolute dolls. I wish I had gotten the second young lady's name because they were wonderful. Very friendly and helpful.

I'm very picky with my accomodations, food and mostly service and I arrived home without a single complaint! I know, I know my husband was surprised too! LOL... We are already planning our next trip back to Hotel Vyant!!

Room Tip: Read the room description thoroughly to ensure your room has a private bath or you will be tiptoeing...
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

This is the best hotel and service I ever had in the US or in Europe. Located in the heart of Little Italy, the hotel has the decor of a European B&B coupled with young, energetic, and friendly staff. The daily breakfast was not just excellent but all of the food and beverages are provided by local vendors from the farmers market down the road. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip back to SD

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Allison B
Vancouver
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Top rating to the front desk staff. All were very friendly and most helpful.
The breakfast items are far above what is usually presented. Great coffee, pastries and "the best" granola.
MAny thanks to the staff and owners of Hotel Vyvant.

Room Tip: BAckside away from the street.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Nicely appointed, centrally located European style hotel in Little Italy. Good location for walking to Balboa Park, the harbor and downtown. A number of good restaurants, cafes and shops are also within walking distance. The hotel is clean and comfortable, with an attractive decor and a nice internal courtyard for reading and relaxing. The continental breakfast is tops: coffee, granola and baked goods are from local shops. They also served teas, yogurt, and fruit. One of the best things about Hotel Vyvant is the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They assisted us with directions, store locations, restaurant recommendations and even printed our boarding passes. We liked it so much that we booked our last night back in San Diego before flying back home. My husband and I were there for a total of four nights and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple