“Beautiful Hotel Vyvant”

Ranked #5 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“Beautiful Hotel Vyvant”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I hate staying in average hotels and always look for the smaller boutique ones, this was such a pleasant surprise! Driving from LA to San Diego we found Hotel Vyvant on a web search last minute. When we called the person at the front desk was more than just helpful, he was pleasant to talk with, helping us with directions and offering to work late so he could show us in, he also gave us parking tips! Once we arrived the front he showed us in, offered to help with our huge pile of camping luggage...so sweet!The place was/is beautiful and clean, our room was one that shared a full bathroom with one other room which was perfectly fine, we never saw the other guests. The beds were clean and very comfortable and the room was quiet.The next morning there was coffee (very good coffee), fruits, yogurts and cereal for breakfast, all included in our stay. If you are looking for an affordable place to stay without losing out on all the good stuff, I highly recommend Hotel Vyvant!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leah P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here with my family for a conference. The complimentary pastries for breakfast and granola were amazing. The staff were also very nice, they printed out many forms for us and gave us advice on places to go etc.

But the cleaning staff did a a terrible terrible job. It seemed as if they didn't even sweep or vacuum the Queen kitchenette style room we stayed in.

I stayed here with my infant son and wife and I found a Tylenol pill on the floor. My son actually found it, he's only 1.5 yrs old, we are glad and lucky that he did not ingest the pill.

I would like to recommend this place and perhaps stay in the future, but it was just too filthy.

Room Tip: Request a clean room!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
John P, General Manager at Found Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We have reason to believe this is a fraudulent review. We do not have record of this guest. If this is found in error we ask that you contact the hotel immediately so we may understand and address the issues mentioned in the review.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed there with my daughter so we could attend SDSU's orientation day, as she will be a freshman there next month. Everyone was so lovely, youthful, smiling, here is my daughter's comment as we closed our room door behind us: "wow, I feel like I just arrived to stay with my older sister's friends for a few days, it feels so cozy to be here!" I think that sums up the overall feel. Even a shared bathroom was no big deal and super clean (and new), breakfast was de-li-cious, one of the best hotel stays of my life! Very easy access from the airport and to sdsu, downtown, etc. Looking forward to visiting again when we come down to see our daughter :)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Valerie13472
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our trip to San Diego was awesome and that was because of our wonderful stay at this unique
and beautiful hotel. The staff is awesome and goes above and beyond their duties. This is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at. The breakfast was great and the coffee was the best coffee I have ever had at any hotel. Thanks again for making my family feel at home. Parking is not that bad for a big tourist city. The staff are always trying to help with the parking. Thanks again for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank snoopyone33
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night.... and now we're planning a longer stay at the Hotel Vivant. This place is wonderful.... absolutely adorable, super clean, great staff. Even the little bottles of shampoo, bars of soap, etc are not the average amenities. Everything was far better than I expected.... my only disappointment was we had to leave! Next time we're staying for several nights. :-).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CIT2014
Temecula, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you want to experience Little Italy, and be close to the harbor (and Maritime Museum), this quaint little hotel is the perfect place. Rooms are unique in the most charming way, and the women at the desk could not have been more gracious and kind. The happy hour was a big plus (local brews, humus and cheese from the local farmer's market, and wine). Patios and the breakfast area are also a great way to get to know other guests from all over sharing similar experiences. We plan one more trip to San Diego later this summer, and there is no question that we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with your own (not shared) bathroom. There is no refrigerator, so be prepared to use i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amphionpro
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I liked the hotel but our wifi did not work in our room both days that we stayed there. Parking SUCKS. The shared bathroom was okay but the lighting above the sink is horrible. I had to put on make up outside in my car just to get good lighting. Over all a good hotel for a two days stay.

Room Tip: In this hotel you want to spend the extra money because if you get the economy rooms you will have t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Rachel h
John P, General Manager at Found Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear the WiFi was not working. We will look into why this was a problem this week. We agree that parking can be a challenge. We have looked for alternatives, but unfortunately we have not had any luck utilizing a nearby lot. We provide information and tips about parking on our website and hope we can be helpful in finding the best spots upon arrival. We will continue to look for parking alternatives for our guests and I will be sure to look into how we can improve the bathroom lighting. We hope you will give us another chance in the future. Return guests receive 10% off if you book directly with us.

Best Wishes.