Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld
Ranked #99 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This room was fine for what we needed - two night stay. Nothing special. Decent. Hot water and air conditioning worked well. Hard to find parking. The man at the reception desk was very helpful - friendly too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenam1
Write a ReviewReviews (3,239)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Made reservations directly with hotel. Price varied from night-to-night. Confirmation price did not include taxes added at checkout. Noisy sliding bathroom door did not close all the way or lock. Not enough parking spaces! Had to park in fire lanes!

1  Thank Barry W
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Probably would not stay here again. Arrived early after a four hour drive and had to wait 3 hours for a room to be ready with 2 small children, at least they gave us a pool key, The pool was okay it didn't seem like the filtration was working as there were bugs floating around on the surface and you could see everything that had sunk to the bottom of the pool. The rooms were okay, a huge gap under the door I'd say maybe 3 inches or so which didn't help when trying to cool off the room, with an AC that didn't really put out much cold air to begin with. Parking was a nightmare as well! overall this place was meh!

2  Thank firefighter438
batkinsDaysHotel, General Manager at Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience the Days Hotel. I apologize that the condition of the pool water and your guest room was not up to the standards that you deserve and expect. We know that our customers have many choices of where to stay when they come to San Diego and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. I will be sure to address the issues that you mentioned and I appreciate your feedback.

Barbara Thompson

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed hat the hotel with my family for 9 days. We arrived and the check in was quick and easy but as we entered the room it smelled moldy. Also the bathroom air conditioner made a loud noise as soon as you turn it on. We complained and got a new room which was better. The problem was the same with the bathroom but someone dropped by to fix it within minutes. The room is small for 2 beds and when you have no air conditioner on it gets sticky during the nights. We have a baby so the air condioner was to strong to leave it on during the nights also it was next to one of the beds. The noise of the bathroom
From
Other rooms at night was annoying also the sound of the refrigerator but after 2 nights you get used to it.
We booked this hotel because we are only there for sleeping so it was ok. I wouldn't come back because of the baby but for people without kids it is ok. The staff was good can't say anything here, the room was clean. It is difficult to find a parking space at night and the internet is very very slow so you shouldn't come here if you need to work
On you laptop it doesn't work! Nevertheless the stay was ok because it was convenient being in a central location. Minutes from fashion valley, mission beach/bay and downtown. You could reach every location very easily.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AZalevi
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was satisfied with this hotel. It was not luxurious but it served its purpose. It was affordable. The location was good. It was about 5 miles from la jolla and 9 from Coronado beach. No continental breakfast. There's a little restaurant there so that's where we had breakfast. Rooms were clean. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Pool and jacuzzi were decent. Lots of families there which was cool for me. I had two children with me. Staff was friendly and very helpful.

1  Thank true443
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family have been staying at this motel off & on for the last 10 years without any complaints.
The price, room condition & location were all reasons they kept coming back.
However, this last visit will probably be our last.
We walked into the room and the recess lighting canisters in the ceilings were partially coming out. The bathroom is also very dated & the room had a musty smell when we entered.
On the first night the bathroom sink backed up in 1 of the 4 rooms we booked, filling the room with a HORRIBLE sewer smell.
Luckily we were able to be moved into a different room before the smell got into out clothes.
It took 2 days before we were able to get ahold of a manager to discuss getting a room comp for the first night.

Also, if you come back at night there is NO parking.

The on-site restaurant "Bunz" is ok, a step up from a Dennys, but convenient.

Some pro's, they always seem to have reasonable prices, there's a microwave/fridge in the room & the location (in Hotel Circle) is great.
Despite this, we will not be staying here again, there are many other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: *get back to your room early, parking is difficult at night.
1  Thank ewright2013
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

From the time I checked in being here a couple of days the hotel messed up my reservations, charged me for a room that was not mine, tried charging my sister double the room reservation amount. When I called the hotel the operator Jean was rude. Than after all the mess I walked by the garage in the back and found some keys with my room #, which was unbelievable because I had my keys with me, what a joke this hotel was. Also parking was a nightmare! Never again! Only good thing about this place is the restaurant Bunz was great and had nice people working there.

• Stayed: June 2014