“Comfortable”

Ranked #107 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Phoenix, Arizona
“Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

We were worried of the choice we had made not knowing what it looked like or even the smell...But when we arrive the folks were helpful and friendly..I was very impressed with how clean the room was and especially the how clean the sheets smelled..When they offer a non -smoking room that is is just what it was.. The freeway access was close to every amenity needed..Seaworld the beach the mall,any restruant you could think of..We will difiently stay @ this hotel again.. Thanks for making a much needed vacation a comfortable success..

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
batkinsDaysHotel, General Manager at Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, 8 September 2010
Thank you for your review of the Days Hotel - Hotel Circle by SeaWorld. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We understand that TripAdvisor reviews do influence people's decision when choosing a hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor so that people will have a fair and accurate representation of the Days Hotel - Hotel Circle by SeaWorld.

Barbara Atkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
Puyallup, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

This is the worst place I have ever stayed at, and I travel often. I did not recieve the accomodations I paid for, and even had to pay extra. So, if you are using a "third party" to book your reservation, it may not be what you receive. According to the front desk, only the reservations booked direct are guaranteed. The parking is limited and tight, if you have a large vehicle, good luck. A couple of nights we were unable to find parking due to Pick Ups taking too much space. I paid for a cot and the room was very crowded as it presented a hazard, in case we needed to access the door in a hurry. I did submit a letter to the hotel and I have not received a response, which leads me to believe that they are unconcerned with negative correspondence. I would not recommend this hotel, they are many more for the same price and better service, as I found out on another recent trip.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
batkinsDaysHotel, General Manager at Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, 6 September 2010
I apologize that you were not satisfied with your experience at the Days Hotel - Hotel Circle by SeaWorld. Our goal is that every guest that stays at our hotel leaves with good memories and plans to come back and stay with us again. I have been unable to find a letter from you if you addressed one to the hotel directly. When you read past TripAdvisor reviews you will see that I respond to every guest review and take them all very seriously. I will be happy to address your concerns personally as well.
Guests who book through our third party partners receive the same service and attention that all of our other guests receive. Every guest who checks into our hotel is very important to us.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Thank you for your comments.

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

For some reason I was thinking this would be more of a hotel experience but, as the previous reviewer states, it is a motel with little frills. We were on the second floor so we weren't close too the parking noise but we did hear our upstairs neighbors walking. I felt bad for the neighbors below as we traveled with our 3 children so having them walk quietly was a challenge.

We got a 2 queen room with a kitchenette. The beds were comfortable, and the small kitchen area was appreciated. The kitchen had a small 2 burner stove, with a mini fridge and small mircrowave. It was nice to have the silverware and dishes provided as well. Just wish they had provided more than just 3 of each with a family of 5. We had to have the kids eat first, then dish ourselves up. But we managed.

The pool was nice and we did take advantage of that during our trip. The kids really enjoyed going during the weekend to attend the pool side movie they played. My only compliant is I wish they played the movie a little earlier. It didnt start till 830pm so wasn't over until close to 10pm. My younger two passed out both nights around 9pm so it wasn't worth it for them.

And I have to agree, the resturaunt was not very good at all. We went because kids eat free so thought we would give it a try. The food wasn't very good and when we got our bill, were upset to find out that the Happy Hour specials were not combinable with the Kids Eat Free specials. The waiter or the flyer for the Happy Hour specials never mentioned this so we ended up paying full price instead.

I don't know if I would stay at this hotel again. It's a great place if you don't plan on staying in your hotel at all except to sleep. With 3 young children, I think it was a little too cramped for us.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
batkinsDaysHotel, General Manager at Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, 3 September 2010
We appreciate that you took time to write a review of the Days Hotel - Hotel Circle by SeaWorld. We rely on guest's reviews to make whatever changes necessary to provide all of our guests with a pleasant and memorable stay,
I apologize that your experience in the restaurant was not good and that you found the kitchen stocked inadequately for your needs. I don't know if you requested that we bring more dishes and silverware to your room but we would have been happy to provide them to you. I will make sure our housekeeping staff knows to be aware of how many guests are staying in the room and stock the rooms accordingly.
Our movies have been a hit with guests this summer! I'm glad that you enjoyed the movie. The movie starts at 8:30 pm because that is when it gets dark and it's easier to view the screen when it is dark.
We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to San Diego.

Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

This hotel served our purposes while we were in San Diego. I travelled with my wife and two kids (ages 6 and 4). We were here to visit Sea World and Legoland. We were on the first floor room 152 (I think). First off this is really a motel and not a hotel as 2/3 of the rooms have doors that open to the outside.

The room was clean and the beds were actually quite comfortable. My only complaint was outside noise from the highway (sirens) that woke me up. Good water pressure in the shower and lots of hot water. Can't write about the pool as we never used it, like I said we were just here to sleep.

Do not eat at the restaurant, it was terrible! Tried it once for breakfast and never again! Make sure you put your parking pass on your dashboard, I forgot one night and had a notice that my car would be towed if it wasn't moved by that day.

If you want a cheap and clean place to stay and don't plan on being at the hotel much, this will do the trick.

Would I stay here again? Only if I got a really good deal.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
batkinsDaysHotel, General Manager at Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, 31 August 2010
I appreciate your review of your stay at the Days Hotel - Hotel Circle by SeaWorld. I apologize that your experience at the Pam Pam Restaurant was not a positive one. The Pam Pam Restaurant is a popular choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner and usually gets good reviews from our guests. I hope that your experience was an exception to the rule and review your comments with the Pam Pam Restaurant managers.
We hope that you will visit us again the next time your travels bring you to San Diego.

Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

WAS PICKED UP AT AIRPORT ON TIME!!(WHICH IS HARD TO FIND IN SOME HOTEL?? rich was the driver he helped with every thing!!!! thank you ,clean hotel, shuttle driver was soooo good to my parents took them to eat. picked them up and next day took them to sea world thank you so much again!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
We appreciate your compliments about our driver. I share all of our guest reviews with the staff. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

Make sure you know there are two wings. The newer wing is probably very nice. We stayed in the older wing which was quite worn down, and was not great. Service was pretty good, though. The Bathroom needs renos and my biggest pet peeve, the kitchenette has an old carpet that was sticky.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
batkinsDaysHotel, General Manager at Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
I apologize that it felt like two worlds at the Days Hotel - Hotel Circle by SeaWorld. There are three buildings on property and three different room types to choose from at our hotel. There is the Sunset Wing with interior corridor rooms, large work desks and additional lighting and electrical outlets for the business traveler. We have kitchenette rooms for our long term guests and families who would like the convenience of preparing small, easy meals in the room. There are standard rooms with one king or two queen beds. All 280 of our rooms are eqipped with a refrigerator and microwave ovens for your convenience. Our reservations staff are trained to describe the different room types to our guests so that you can choose a room that best suits your needs. I will make sure that they are accurately describing the rooms available at our hotel. We are in the process of completely remodeling all of our bathrooms. This project will be completed this year.

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and I hope that you will stay with us again.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2010

The shuttle to pick us up from the airport took over half an hour due to some mix up and they did not bother taking our cell phone number so they could contact us. Otherwise it's only 15 minutes away. It is quite busy during check-in around 4pm when we arrived. Took about 25 minutes, but staff was friendly and accommodating. It can be somewhat noisy depending on which side of the building you are on. Free parking, but don't forget to display the pass you get from front desk. High speed wireless Internet was a bit slow at times.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of the Days Hotel - Hotel Circle by SeaWorld. I apologize for the delay with our shuttle service. Our shuttles get very busy - especially in the summer months. Combined with busy summer San Diego traffic we try very hard to keep our shuttles on time. We do not want our guests inconvenienced in any way and we know that after a long flight or a busy day at the parks you don't want to wait around for a shuttle. We will try to stay on schedule.

We hope you had fun in San Diego!