“FANTASTIC VENUE”

57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC VENUE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Visited House of Blues last october, my younger son got ticket to James Blake. Elder son and I had cocktails and beers upstairs in main bar area
ONE OF THE BEST BLUES I HAVE HEARD BY......
Modern Day Moonshine
Those guys are awesome.
The interior is so colourful vibrant and really groovy.
Dont leave Gaslamp quarter without visiting this great venue.

Visited October 2013

San Diego, California, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice venue! Yet, it's only 0k”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I usually drop by to check some concerts out! Drinks selection is not bad; yet, they go with the annoying "let's overprice stuff just because people are coming". Really? It could be cleaner, and better ventilated. I have seen Kamelot and Nightwish here, and the acoustics were 0k; however, it can be a small venue for some acts. I have never seen a concert from above; the so called "VIP area" NOR I WANT TO... never pay that kind of money: You take chance of ending up watching the show above and from the side, i.e., annoying!

Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Wednesday Night Open Jam Session”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Wednesday Night has an open Jam session!! It is free and the music is great! The House band played some music for a bit then others who bring their instruments and enjoy sharing their talents with all who are in ear shot. This starts at 7 PM. If you get their at 6 - 6:30 you can get their Happy hour tasty treats! **Happy Hour ends at 7 pm*** Go for the Pulled Pork Sliders.. They serve these sweet spicy pickle chips on the side and they have just a bite of heat to them. Also the Flatbread covered with Pesto and cheese, sundried tomatoes and just a hint of Feta Cheese adorns the top. This was so Great. They have beers on special, but I opted for their unsweetened Tropical tea. YUM.. My Guest and I were full and enjoyed the great music! The only thing they need are recliners to just relax and take in the tunes!!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank sororitymom
Oceanside, California
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Its Ok.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Oh HOB how great you could be but sadly are not. The food can be good and the venue can be a kick @$$ place to see a band. The service is always just eh. This most recent visit we decided to have some food before the concert started. We didn't have a reservation and I was happy to see so many open tables. Therefore I was stumped when they said it would be a half hour wait! What for, I asked, you have many open tables. Yes but the servers are busy and wont be able to get to you, is the response I get. Screw it, I don't want to wait so we check out the bar. The only seats open kind of suck so we go elsewhere to eat.

My other issue is with their disability seating for concerts. My husband is an amputee so it is much easier for him to have a seat during a long concert. When purchasing concert tickets I called and asked for the disability seating and they said to check in at the box office before the show starts. When we arrived we did this and they said to check in with some guy. We check in with him and he takes us inside and shows us to the disability seating area. Then some other guy said its not ok because we are not on the list, we had to have a huge argument with many people to sit there.

Visited May 2013
Tempe, Arizona
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great Place for a Show!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

My husband and I went to see DSB (a Journey tribute band) there, and we had seen them before back home where we live. So when I saw that they were coming to the House of Blues the weekend we were going to San Diego, I thought we would check them out again. The place is definitely interesting, in a good way though. The show was great, the atmosphere was great too. DSB always puts on a great show, but the House of Blues was an excellent venue!!

Visited June 2013