“Parking Valet”

San Diego, California
“Parking Valet”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Tony ,

The valet for the hotel was amazing. Friday night around 5:30 . Valet was full I was with my son , and there was not a place to park . As I waited outside the garage for a spot , one opened up & Tony came and took my car in after he told another driver that I had been waiting. Exceptional service from Tony the parking Valet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were here for a business meeting. The location right on the beach is great. The service is excellent. Everything is new, clean and comfortable. One complaint is there is no bedside table or reading light on one side of the bed (which happened to be the side I was sleeping on). So there's no place to put your phone or your book, and no light to read by. Also the bathroom door isn't that soundproof so the bathroom feels like it's right in the bedroom (no soundproofing).
"
The other thing is there is no pool, just a "Water Feature." You can sit by the water feature which is kind of like a fountain. But the view from the terrace by the water feature out over the deck is excellent.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side with 'Partial View' actually do have a pretty good view of the beach...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank OutdoorsyMaineGirl
Louisiana
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stay at high end hotels all the time, and this definitely did not live up to my expectations. The websites and reviews make you think you are going to nice big luxury hotel and it doesn't meet those expectations for spending $500/night. I was suppose to have champagne and strawberries during check in as a surprise and had to sit in my room for over hour when they finally delivered it! Not what I expected even though they did apologize several times. We ate at the restaurant downstairs for dinner, and it was average at best. The best part was the bartenders downstairs were very nice and friendly. The view was also nice and enjoyed the free bike rentals. I will def not be back at this hotel. It honestly did not live up to our expectations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ne33
T23Manager, Manager at Tower23 Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. While I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed Tower23's beautiful views, bartenders and complimentary bike rentals, I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed in other aspects. We take very review as a chance to improve our guest service experience. If your travels take you back to San Diego, please feel free to personally contact me, Stacy, at 858-270-2323 and I will ensure that you have a flawless visit.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Surprised with a one night stay at this beautiful hotel for my 50th birthday- I have never enjoyed myself as much as I did these past 24 hours. What an absolutely beautiful property and staff! I can't wait to return..

My room had a breath taking view that was even better when the charming wait staff, Jonathan brought up a bottle of chilled champagne and birthday card! The sweetest front desk agent Christina checked us in and made us feel so welcomed. We enjoyed the friendly valet, Tony who eagerly and quickly brought us our car each time we needed it. Greg the bellman was awesome, assisting with bags and opening doors, always aware and ready to help. Lastly, Raul at check out was full of recommendations for brunch, very sincere and radiating positivity to start our morning and end our stay at Tower 23.
What a great experience, truly one to remember.
This property and staff goes above and beyond expectations, we were very pleased!

Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The décor was clean and modern, the staff treated us as if we were the most high end of customers. An excellent restaurant and bar is located on the main level, with complimentary towel service as you walk just a few steps to the beach. We were greeted with complimentary cocktails, and our room was wonderfully designed. The outdoor deck featured a waitstaff ready to serve cocktails or snacks as we enjoyed the sun, and featured a fire pit at night. Will definitely visit again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at Tower 23 one night when we were down from San Francisco. The hotel is in a great location right on the beach, and it's got a lively scene at night, but the quality of service and facilities wasn't as high as I would have expected for the price. We booked a king room with a partial ocean view and ended up in a room with two queens facing the street, with a view of the ocean if you got to one edge of the balcony. They did offer us complimentary rum punch when we arrived, which was a nice touch. They have a cool area for sunbathing and looking over the ocean, but there's no pool, which I hadn't realized until we got there.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay, but not rave-worthy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ali P
T23Manager, Manager at Tower23 Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I appreciate the time you spent writing your feedback. We strive to improve with every review! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed the location and nightlife. While we always do our very best to honor bed requests, we are unable to guarantee them as the hotel is only 44 rooms with limited inventory of the different room types. Please feel free to call us the next time you return to San Diego, so we may put in a VIP request for a King bedded room.

Warm regards,
Stacy
Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

What a nice surprise. Super clean, contemporary hotel. The staff were all very friendly and the restaurant JRDN located in the hotel (outside seating with views of the ocean) was superb! Sunday Brunch is a must if you plan on staying thru a weekend. This was my first time to PB. What a great little area this is. The hotel is located right on the beach and they offer complimentary bike rentals if you are staying at the hotel. It was just perfect. I would definatly stay again when I return to the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple