“Best hotel experience ever...”
Review of Tower23 Hotel

Tower23 Hotel
Ranked #9 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Such an attention to the detail... Valet parking: top-notch. Crab served on the terrace. Always fresh newspaper and distilled water. Location: there is no further. The whole facility must have been designed by the team of architects who know what is valuable in travel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose room with private balcony (so you could have the door wide open and listed to the Ocean)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michal S
There are newer reviews for Tower23 Hotel

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed @ Tower23 the beginning of June and can i say i loved every minute of it. From the excellent staff to the phenomenal food @ JRDN restaurant. Everyone that worked there made my stay especially special, although there were a few that stood out and helped me and my crew with any and every question i had throughout my stay.

First Cesar the front desk agent checked me in very quick and informed me about the hotel. He assured me that i was going to love staying here and become a frequent customer. He did not steer me wrong.

There was a tall dark bellman i believe his name was Alan. This bellman is the MAN. He helped out our group with bags on bags on bags. Our group consisted of 3 guys and 4 girls. Us men were able to help our ladies with their bags, yet Alan insisted that he would take all of our bags. after 4 trips up and down with our luggage he then brought us some complimentary cocktails that Cesar had promised us upon check-in. How great is that!

Then there was the lovely/beautiful Sara the concierge always smiling and willing to help with no hesitation. She helped me plan out my days even arrange transportation everywhere. I did not have to do a thing the entire time.

Lastly there was Arrendia.(I think thats how you spell it) the cleaning lady. After seeing her every morning cleaning the lobby and hallways etc. we began speaking to eachother more then a hi and bye. Although we had a language barrier (my broken spanish and her broken english) we were still able to chat everyday. I think its great when you can make friends and interact with even the housekeepers!

All in all this place is awesome. If you've never been to San Diego and you want a top of the line hotel with great people to help you out this is the place. We will be returning very soon. Just remember you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: get a surf pad its ocean front and awesome!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank getsum2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

So five of my closest girlfriends came down to PB for a a fun ladies trip. After doing some research we chose Tower 23 due to it's beautiful design and patio. We knew it was going to be pricy but once we arrived the price was no longer an issue. This hotel was worth EVERY PENNY.

Upon checking in we were giving a complimentary upgrade to a sky pad which was beautiful! We were able to access the patio from our balcony area and had a view of the ocean. This hotel rocked because you are in the center of all the bars and restaurants. So if you want to tear up the town your in the thick of it. If you are having a rough morning from your epic night out the patio is out of the way of all the ruckus and you will be waited on hand and foot by there beautiful staff.

Ivan...was excellent. From the moment we arrived he wanted to make us feel as comfortable as possible. If we wanted music to be louder he'd handle it, if you want some shade he's already got an umbrella ready for you, If you seem bored he'll pull Jenga out for you and challenge you and your friends to a game. Even if you just want some light conversation he will hang out and chat with you. Honestly best service I've ever received at a hotel.

Lacy... Was an excellent server. She was so accommodating and if your not from the area she will give you great advice about the local bars and restaurants.

Gregory... Your the man. From arrival he dealt with five squawking chicks and their endless amounts of luggage all with a smile on his face. Whenever we saw him around the hotel he'd say hello and ask us how out trip was going and would accommodate any needs we had.

After reading the Debbie Downer posts which complained mostly about the expense and not living up to expectations, I came to realize those who complained were looking for a totally different experience. They wanted a high class grand hotel, a downtown that is expensive and a bit more "mature." Well the staff and management understand the price is high so they make up for it by allowing you to bring your own food and drink to the patio area. So yes your paying quite a bit for the hotel but you get prime location, a killer staff, dodging expensive drink and food costs, and an excellent experience. Every one of us fell in love with this hotel and we are already planning a trip back in September just because of the beautiful experience we had from this weekend. Keep doing what your doing Tower 23 we will be meeting again soon...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nakellner
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was planning a summer vacation in Pacific Beach but didn't know anything about the area or things to do. The reservation girl Julie answered all my questions and had some great suggestions for how to plan my visit - things to do and such.

My stay was awesome. The hotel is nice, and the staff were great. Be sure to try the lobster BLT!

Room Tip: Recommend the Surf Pad oceanfront room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great location! Walking distance to everywhere in PB. Great view of ocean. Beds are super comfortable. The staff and the concierge were very great. Jordan made sure everything was perfect. Raving fan.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at Tower 23 June 7-9 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed our time here. We arrived late and the staff were very accommodating to us. The hotel is very clean, new and comfortable. It has a modern design to it, so it feels open and airy. Our room was a nice size and had the best view in town! VIP spot for sunset watching and beach gazing. The restaurant downstairs has great breakfast and one of the best Bloody Mary's Ive had in a while. We love San Diego and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room faced PB, so the view is next to none. I will say that I thought the bathrooms were a bit o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mirandabeth
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had a wonderful trip to San Diego and loved staying at Tower23 Hotel. Great location, atmosphere, views and service! We received especially great service from Ivan on the 2nd floor patio/deck area.

Room Tip: Ocean View is worth the extra $
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple