Tower23 Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Pacific View Inn(San Diego)
  • Beachfront
Diamond Head Inn(San Diego)
View Hotel
Ocean Park Inn(San Diego)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Beach Haven(San Diego)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
1,088 results
All reviewssurf padpacific beachsky padjrdn restaurantsun decksweet suitesanctuary suitefire pitboutique hotelfree bikesocean viewboogie boardsbeach chairsrestaurant downstairsbike rentalsla jollabottle of champagne
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We came to San Diego for three nights and stayed one night at Tower23 and two at Pacific Terrace. The two hotels are very close to each other. Both have lots of surfing at the beach in front of them. Both are very nice. But there are lots of differences too. Tower23 has a great restaurant, a great breakfast, and a great happy hour. On Wednesday nights they have a $20 wine special where a winery comes to do a wine tasting on the terrace overlooking the ocean. We met lots of locals that attend this event every week. The restaurant was very good with a beautiful view, good food, and good service. I loved their breakfast options, but they don't start serving breakfast until 9:00. The room was small, but nice. We had an ocean room view on the third floor and it was lovely! If I had brought my kids, I would have preferred Pacific Terrace, but I think as a couples' trip, Tower23 is better because of the restaurant, happy hour, and nightlife. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Tower23.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
T23Manager, Manager at Tower23 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

So happy to hear you enjoyed Tower23's sophisticated restaurant and nightlife. Our weekly summer beverage series is always a big hit and a great way to discover a favorite new winery.

Stacy

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Being a San Diego native and also being in real estate I have seen and been to most every hotel in San Diego. I personally go to this hotel lobby and rooftop twice a month if not more. This is my favorite hotel with a view. The staff Ivan, Chi and Lacey (the main employees that I have personally been helped by upstairs) are of top quality. Always attentive and friendly never a bad experience.
Oh and obviously the food is great too =)

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for a wedding, and the staff was very excited and helpful with wedding things. This hotel is very nice looking, very modern, with a beautiful patio area and nighttime bonfire. Great view of the sea from some rooms. One particularly helpful person was Omar. He saw that my hands were full and I couldn't get to my key right away, and he offered to open the door to my room for me. Later, he brought up our room service quickly when they knew we were in a hurry. Definitely great service all around. I especially like the proximity to great food and shopping, and of course, the beach.

Room Tip: Make sure there's a definite ocean view. Some balconies overlook the patio, and you can see the ocean from the balcony, but not from within the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great location. Impressive bar, restaurant, view, and hotel all in one. Located in a very walkable part of Pacific Beach. Super relaxing venue and a nice guest only balcony above a trendy bar and restaurant with tasty food.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave F
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Truly great accommodations, helpful staff, beach access, people watching, and easy walking to great bars and eateries. A bit pricey yes but honestly, treat your gang to this, both young and old alike will love it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
T23Manager, Manager at Tower23 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thanks for choosing Tower23! So glad to hear you enjoyed our beachfront location and friendly staff. We hope to welcome you again soon.