Stayed for 3 nights in the Gaslamp Room. Firstly, we made arrangements as we would be coming in after 6 p.m. - ended up arriving just after 6 and Shannon was still there - she stayed just to show us around and explain everything - very friendly and helpful. Ann was not around as she was on holidays but we had a wonderful gentleman Don taking care of us - he was so nice and helpful and nothing was a problem for him - he really knows how to treat and take care of the customers - I loved talking with him. Our room was very nice and super clean - it is the smallest room, but we were not in it much other than to sleep. I only have 2 negatives to say about the room - 1: there is no fridge in the room, it would be nice to have a fridge so you can put some cold drinks in, there is a small bar fridge which all guests can use in the dining room. 2: the was the toilet is positioned it very awkward to use, you kind of have to sit sideways otherwise you will hit the sink. I`m not a big person and I found it difficult. Bed was sooooo comfy and the sheets very soft - had a great sleep after a day of sightseeing. The B&B location is perfect, just around the corner and walk a couple of blocks you are in the hub of many great restaurants and
bars. We walked down to the Gas Lamp district, it`s a bit of walk but you got see the area which is kind of dumpy - we were disappointed. We also walked to Balboa park. Don`t miss going to the Old Town - many great places to eat and drink at - we went twice - first time there they had the main street blocked off for a car show, live band and lots of vendor, it`s about a $25 taxi ride one way. I was nice to sit on the front porch after a day of sightseeing having a cold one and talking with other guests. The Hillcrest is a lovey place to stay - we hope to be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of 2015 Trip Advisor "Hall of Fame" for best San Diego Bed & Breakfast. Also, Winner "AGAIN" of San Diego Uptown News 2015 Readers Poll "Best Hotel/B&B". Stay in a B&B at the center of it all! Built in 1910, this newly renovated Arts & Crafts inspired Inn is only 10 minutes from major attractions such as, the Gaslamp District, Zoo, Old Town, Seaworld, Beaches, Convention Center and Airport. Features include: Eclectic collection of Antiques, in room cable TV/DVD/CD, and complementary WiFi. Home baked specialties daily. Business guests love our close proximity to the Downtown Convention Center, and or Hotel Circle to attend their meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillcrest House Hotel San Diego
- Hillcrest House Bed And Breakfast