“I am a Victim of Identity Theft Hotel Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Occidental

Hotel Occidental
Ranked #225 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“I am a Victim of Identity Theft Hotel Management”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

On September 10th at 10am a front desk employee of the Hotel Occidental, used my credit card information, billing address and identity to make online purchases without my consent The goods were being shipped to Amalia (Maly) a front desk employee at the Occidental address. I was a guest of this hotel and this is where the individual obtained my information. I have filed a reports with the local police, the City Attorney, District Attorney, Better Business Bureau, the Secretary of State and the FTC. They need to be investigated and possibly SHUT DOWN! I have attempted to speak with the manager Jeremy of this hotel and he was very rude, abrasive, unprofessional and hung up the phone in mid conversation. Once the investigation is complete, I will be pressing charges against the individual and the hotel. BEWARE! They may be doing this to other guests!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank J W
HNLHUTCH, General Manager at Hotel Occidental, responded to this review, 24 September 2011
Hello. We apologize for what may have taken place here at our beautiful hotel. This is certainly not the perception that we'd like to portray. As we have been saying from the beginning of this ordeal, we fully support you in finding out what occurred, and we have been actively investigating this situation, and will be taking necessary actions, when this incident is investigated and found to be true. We are asking you, again, please contact us with any information re this situation. We can't take any actions without your support and proof of what allegedly occurred. We have been trying to reach you for a week now. We'd like to get to the bottom of this, but we have nothing to go on, other that a phone call all alleging the use of your information. We are waiting to help you...

Swedesboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I came to San Diego for an internship for 2 months. After searching for a hotel that would be in my price range I came upon Hotel Occidental. It is a lot like a dorm building which I would only recommend for people who are young or adults who don't mind sharing a bathroom and shower. I paid 160 every week with an extra 25 bucks for my boyfriend to be a guest. Parking is a pain in the butt until you wait for the meters to be free. They offer parking in the hotel but it is very limited. I suggest you bring a pillow because the ones in my room were horribly flat. The hotel does offer internet which only had a few random issues during my stay. I enjoyed that the bus i had to take to get to my internship in Hillcrest was two blocks away. I wouldn't suggest walking around here at night alone but it's certainly not the most dangerous area i've ever seen. There is a password code for the entrance door which makes me feel safe except when other guests of the hotel let random strangers who didn't live here in the door. There was a homeless person sleeping in the lobby all night long!

As for the kitchenette, you basically wash your face and brush your teeth in the same sink that you wash dishes in. it was a little difficult to prepare my meals in the microwave but I managed fairly well. I just wish that the mini fridge has a better freezer section. i couldnt have frozen goods which made it harder to spend less on eating out.

The manager and all the other employees were pretty nice and I never had any issues with them. All in all I will gladly stay at this hotel again and I plan on it in december.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank mandabearrx
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 21 February 2011

prepaid a month before. Showed up and they were unapologicically full at 5PM wednesday 2/16/11. No apology. Guy at desk didn't care. No help in finding someplace else and not answering phone for 5 days during business hours when trying to arrange refund. The place looked cool. When they go out of business and someone who cares a little about the customer buys it, it may be worth looking into. STAY AWAY until the place goes out of business--and it will based on my experience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank 6BQ
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Infected of fleas and thumbtacks, bedbags infected. The people of receipt know the problem and nevertheless it rents the rooms. Hotel to demand

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank benymiller
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We stayed at the hotel occidental and had a horrible infestation of bedbugs. We were just staying while waiting to move in to our new home and it was horrible. Be careful and make sure they have completely eliminated the problem...bedbugs are very insidious and hard to get rid of.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank GED09
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I was treated like a Prince at this hotel!
The staff are so helpful and have great local knowledge.

I fully recommend this hotel to any traveller for short term or long term stay.

My every request was attended to. I've been going to this hotel for the past 3 years that I've travelled to America.

The hotel is close to every amenity and down town San Diego is within close proximity.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Lionheart_10
San Diego
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Terrible service. Very noisy. Drug activity is in the building. You would be a fool to stay there. Management is also clueless. The Island Inn or the J Street Inn are better locations.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo