I have stayed at places like this before, and thought they were fine--this one is just a little too cheerless for me. The tiny cubicle of a room, the airplane flight path directly overhead, the street noise and light that the miniblind just could not deal with, the lack of anywhere to eat right around the hotel, no bathtubs (showers only)--I just couldn't do it. I had reserved 7 nights there, left after one. The staff, esp. Ecaterina on the swing shift, were very pleasant and helpful, and if you are totally prepared and aware of what you're getting, it would be fine. I realized for me, it was not enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful garden patio is a lovely place to enjoy a cup a coffee, our free yummy breakfast before taking out one of our free bikes to tour the city, Balboa Park and the Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Occidental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Hotel San Diego
- Occidental San Diego
- Hotel Occidental San Diego