“Little treasure .. :)”

Rodeway Inn San Diego Beach SeaWorld Area
Ranked #237 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We loved this place. It's very good location, close to the beach and to the city as well. Of course need a car.
The room is sweet, good size, very clean, has fridge, micro, coffee mashine, TV, internet.
Breakfast is great, waffle, bunns, and the tea and coffee was available for 24/7..
Has internet, and in the lobby you find a desktop free to use.
Staff is very friendly and give us a little present when we left.
We even extended our stay and drove to L.A. insted looking for a place up there, so instead of 1 week we stayed for 2 weeks and we get a discount.
Would stay again :)

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Dayaan
rodewaypb, Manager at Rodeway Inn San Diego Beach SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Dear Dayaan,

Thank you for your kind comments. I know we have a group of employees who really care and when they find friendly guest like you, they truly enjoy making your stay a happy one. Thank you for taking the time share your experience. I have shared your review on the bulletin board which encourages all of us. May God bless your travels.

Dan

Reviewed 6 December 2012

We stayed in December for one night and it was surprisingly pleasant! We stayed in a room with a full bed. Small but perfect for our overnight stay. It was very clean, had a flat screen, and a modern decor. No hair dryer though so that bummed me out. The shower took forever to adjust, so that was a little frustrating. This motel is just off of the Mission Bay exit and below the 5 freeway but we didn't hear freeway noise at all! We didn't hear traffic noise from Mission Bay Blvd.either. We were at least 5-6 miles away from the nightlife on Garnet but it was a peaceful stay. We would stay there again. Must have just been remodeled. I liked that it smelled clean and not musty at all. No closet but had a place to hang clothes with hanger and luggage rack. Also had a desk and nice desk chair. Free wireless too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nueva V
rodewaypb, Manager at Rodeway Inn San Diego Beach SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Nueva V

Thank you for your positive review. I most appreciate guest comments like yours that make suggestions or let us know how to improve our service.
We originally started to install hair driers when we remodeled but found that they could overload the circuits with the refrigerator and the microwave also in the room. We decided to keep several at the desk for guests who need them but we have not always informed our guest that they are available. I’ll watch out for the water adjustment issue as I am not sure what happened. It could be a circulation pump (we replaced one recently) or a malfunctioning faucet.
Thanks again and please come back and let me know you are coming. I will have your hair dryer waiting for you.
Dan

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Super thin TP, wooden luggage rack very wobbly. Furniture old but functional. Comfortable mattress on platform (no box spring). Wall-mounted flat screen tv was a big plus. Parking slightly tight. Digital AC with remote...was able to change mode but never figured out how to change the temperature setting so I did that manually. Venetian blinds, no curtains, nice new windows. Push button light switches. Motion light in bathroom so it turns on when you walk in. Tub and toilet together, sink separate outside of tub/toilet room. Had fridge, coffee maker, and microwave but you can only plug in two at a time (that was ok, though, since coffee is available in the lobby all the time. Breakfast was ok but not great. Hard boiled eggs some days, frozen waffles that go in the toaster, "skinny" bagels that fit in toaster, Little Debbie cakes, juice, milk, variety of coffee, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt some days. Good water pressure in shower, sink drained very slowly, no hair dryer so bring your own. Stayed in Room 132. Neighbors next door were so noisy that the police were called. Next night, someone attempted to rob the night clerk but then apologized to her for scaring her and left on his own; police were there again.

Room Tip: Recommend that if you stay, ask for a room in the one-story section of the motel so no one will be a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
rodewaypb, Manager at Rodeway Inn San Diego Beach SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear Granny_Annie327:

First, let me apologize to you for the “underwhelming” experience you had at our hotel. We sincerely try to make each guest stay with us a happy one, but sometimes we fail. We hope to provide value so I believe that our standards are superior for our price and we do not attempt to cut corners to provide lower rates. However; our performance sometimes falls below those standards. I am most concerned that you were subjected to noise and your safety was compromised. I can assure you that your experience was unusual and that the safety of our guest and our employees is paramount to me and to the owners.

If you will give us the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future, I hope you will call me in advance so I can personally insure you have a pleasant stay in San Diego.

Dan Hazel

Reviewed 16 October 2012

we stayed here in August on our first trip to San Diego. If I had it to do over again, I would have chosen a different place. The room was fine (comfortable bed, clean, modern decor, nice tv), service seemed fine....there were other problems.

The location was not great. It was fairly centrally located for us (close to sea world, 15 minutes from la Jolla where we went kayaking, 15 minutes from seaport village) BUT It was really tricky getting in and out of the place due to the traffic and being in just the wrong spot, right where cars are speeding around a curve as they come off the freeway. It was very stressful any time we wanted to go anywhere. Not only that, the area felt a little sketchy...especially behind the motel. Look at the satellite view of the motel and you can see that there is a street/driveway running *right* behind the rooms, and you do hear noisy trucks.

The continental breakfast - worthless!! They were out of many things and it was slim pickins. Good luck even getting a bowl of oatmeal or cereal, forget about fresh fruit. This doesn't seem like something that would take a lot of effort to improve, so I was pretty disappointed. Enjoy battling the traffic to go somewhere else to get breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie R
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean this place is. I got the room for a great offer for a 1 night stay. Clean lobby, friendly staff, fresh-looking and smelling room, well kept bathroom, nice dining area. Was a truly good experience, hence my 5 stars here!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I don't write reviews, but I 100% will be bringing my family back here. There are bad reviews out there about this place, but let me tell you management listened! This place is so nice little and modern. And the price can't be beat for being 2.5miles from the beach. Now there are nicer places and better locations yes, but for the family that is on a budget and still has to pay for sea world tickets, this place is AWESOME! Oh and don't worry about the rooms for the price, the pictures at of the actual rooms. I was worried but took the plunge, made the reservation and left San Diego with very happy memories. ( and I didnt break the bank to do it )

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Tferruccio
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We had an occasion to go to San Diego for a naval graduation. We stayed at the Rodeway Inn at a cost $79.00 per night for four of us. We had a double with two queen beds. The room was clean and spacious enough for us all. Staff was friendly and helpful helping us find our way to the naval base on time. We were very busy and glad for the free parking. Breakfast was satisfactory to get us started in the morning. On the last night, we found a place called Rubio’s just north of the hotel the food was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family