“Not for the casual visitor”

Miramar Speed Circuit
Go San Diego Card
Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not for the casual visitor”
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We took our boys 14 and 11 there for what looked like a fun activity and although it was marketed to tourists it was anything but casual fun. The kids and adults racing there were serious racers hell bent on slamming my kids into the barriers no matter what the safety attendants told them to do. There were no reprimands or consequences for these kids when they got finished, suggesting to me that it was business as usual. My 11 year old was sore and upset afterwards. The fourteen year old was ready to confront the bullies! A bad time was had by all. Did I mention it's super expensive too?

Visited April 2011
5 Thank 2boysrus

Tiburon, CA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“EMERGENCY ROOM VISIT required after this place!”
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My 7 year old did a junior racing school and then did 2 laps with his dad. On the 2nd lap with his dad he slammed into the wall at 25mph and the barrier came over the car and fell on him. He seemed OK but when he got home I looked him over and he had bruising on his chest, shoulder, right temple & right arm. I asked my husband how he got that banged up with a seatbelt and his response was "uh, they don't have seatbelts" WHAT? what kind of place has junior karts (for 7 year olds!) and no seatbelts! I never would have let him race and don't think anyone should without a belt. The trauma docs were appalled as well and said he could have done some serious damage. 4 hrs in observation later we're home but the potential danger is NOT worth the 'fun'.

11 Thank BetsyinTiburon
Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed 20 April 2008

This is a great place to go and spend a few hours. Inside they have video/arcade games and outside they have putt-putt golf and many levels and areas of go-carts.

They have the go-carts in separate areas so young children to adults can have fun too. Be sure to call for their specials because there is one night during the week that they offer unlimited ride time for the go-carts.

The location is right next to the interstate and is easy to find.

2 Thank DonnaSue24