“Welcoming staff and Nice location”

and 1 more site!
The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina
Ranked #106 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Just stayed one but really liked the location. Close to excellent restaurants and nightlife.
Our room was very comfortable. The staff at front desk were terrific, really provided a warm welcome. They have a nice lounge area on the 2nd floor to hang out in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Staying at the Keating was a great experience. The room was lovely and the bed especially comfortable. We loved the unique features of this boutique hotel. It was located in the heart of the gas lamp, an absolute perfect location. The valet parking service was excellent. I can't say enough of how much we enjoyed staying here.

All the staff at the front desk went out of their way to be helpful. They provided great tips of where to eat, where to go out for an evening...basically anything we asked them about they had an answer for. A special shout out to Brentney who went that extra mile to ensure our stay was awesome.

Note: The hotel is in the entertainment district so the noise of the nightlife does go late into the evening. We were on vacation and partook in the nightlife so this did not affect us.

Room Tip: If you ask the concierge when you book they will try to accommodate you if you need a 'quieter...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HipsterCDN
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We loved the location of the Keating. Our favorite restaurant, Croce's, was right next door! The staff treated us like royalty and we so very gracious in finding places for us to go. The room was fine, but we didn't like the cement floor nor the noise at night from the bar downstairs. We were able to walk to any restaurants in the area. The Gaslamp district is great!

Room Tip: I would choose a room away from the noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here 4th of July wknd. Had never been to San Diego so all I heard was stay in Gaslamp. Well thats a pretty big area so I was hoping I chose well, and boy did I. Great location. Central and within walking distance to all the great nightlife, which is the main reason I stayed there, and a short cab ride from the touristy stuff. Service was great and staff very friendly. I only needed them twice, once for a hair dryer and the other for ice. Received prompt service both times. Rooms were very chic. Fully stocked mini bar, great waterfall shower, comfy beds. Very clean. I especially liked how the lobby leads right out onto the street. Chic yet not a stuffy feel. I am already looking forward to staying here again next time I visit.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The quality of the sound proofing of the windows in the front of the building was very POOR.
They do supply ear plugs.
The room and the staff was GREAT.The shower was amazing. We did not have an opportinity to eat at any of the restaurants.

I could not figure out how to use the coffee maker, but they had coffee and danish in the Lobby each day. The elevator is the oldest in the city. Very quaint.

Room Tip: Ask fo ra room in the back
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I took my husband to fly a plane from Montgomery Field for his 32nd Birthday. We then checked into the Keating for a night. The outside of the building is gorgeous, the actual room was horrible. Small with cement floors, entire room was filthy. My husband was so upset and disappointed in the room that it definitely ruined the celebration. I purchased a deal on line that was to include a free upgrade that I was told they could not accommodate as we'll as a choice between the club or breakfast . We opted for breakfast but was told in the morning that they were fresh out of vouchers to the restaurant. So poor room and did not get any of the promised perks. Unhappy customers to say the least

• Stayed: June 2013
8  Thank Oceanside5
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

The Keating is a small and trendy, beautiful hotel. It's located in the Gaslamp Quarter so it's surrounded by bars, restaurants and shops. The crowd is young and the area is vibrant at night. Our room was a penthouse Vista which suited our needs well. It was our honeymoon and we appreciated the large shower, big bed and tea/coffee maker. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013