“Stay Away”

Ranked #115 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Old Hickory, Tennessee
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel tries to call it self 4 stars. How about 1 star! Even in the cheaper hotels I have never had flies or roaches crawling around. Their complimentary breakfast (which is below average..generic fruit and stale pastries) is infested with flies flying around you as you try to eat and a roach crawling across the table. Needless to say I only "enjoyed" their breakfast for one day.
Turndown service was included in our stay. I informed the staff that we had not received turndown service and they let me know that all turndown service was, was someone making the bed! Since when did basic housekeeping and turndown service mean the same thing? Turndown service is someone actually turning down the sheets, leaving bottled waters on the night stand and mints or something on the pillow, and music playing for when you enter the room. Either way out of the three nights we stayed we had housekeeping stop by ONCE. Yes, only once was our bed made and towels replaced.

This place is a waste of money. For this kind of service I could have gotten a hotel for $100 less a night with better accommodations. What is really sad is that it was my honeymoon. Never again.

4 Thank shml1912
Shane P, General Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Good Morning SHML -

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am devastated to hear how bad your experience was at The Keating. In regards to our breakfast please know that the new management team is in the process of re-vamping our offerings. I truly apologize about the flies as they were a result of being forced to leave the windows open in our breakfast room as our A/C had gone out. The sub-par turndown service is absolutely inexcusable. As a team we are getting together to discuss where we are failing in this aspect. If you would like to reach out to me at any time to discuss these issues please feel free to email me at spappas@thekeating.com. I wish we could have discussed these issues while you were still here. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was there for my bday and the room was just simply fantastic.
Staff was ok, but valet was very nice and responsive. Love the shower and bed, turn down service. Only negative was the noise, but it should be expected if you want to stay in Gaslamp

Hi Alex!

We very much appreciate the wonderful review. I hope that you had a great birthday while you were here. I am disappointed to know that the staff was just ok. My expectation for the team is that they are always providing fantastic service. If you have a moment to send me an email at spappas@thekeating.com. I'd like to find out where our team fell short.

Thank You Alex!
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice amenities, close proximity to several great restaurants and bars in downtown San Diego and the Gaslamp District. I'd recommend NOT staying on the west or the south side, due to noise from Patrick's

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Good Morning Andy!

The team here at The Keating was excited to read your review. Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to provide us with feedback. It sounds as though despite some noise from our downstairs neighbors that you were still able to enjoy your stay with us at The Keating. We thank you for choosing our hotel and hope that you think of us for future stays.

Have a wonderful day!
Rancho Mirage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My review is tempered by my feeling unwell during our visit. We did not get out to do much in San Diego, but the hotel room was an excellent place to rest and read and we enjoyed our visit. The location was perfect, the shower was weird and hot water was short.

Hi Jim -

Thank you for your response. I apologize that you did not feel well during your stay. Hopefully, you were able to at least enjoy some of the San Diego sunshine. It is good to know that our room was comfortable for you as you were trying to get better. Please try and come back soon when you are feeling better so that you have a chance to enjoy this great city and all that it has to offer.
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Keating has an excellent location. The bed was so comfortable. The room was very nice and modern. Loved the shower. Enjoyed the sandals that came with the room. Everything was great and would love to come back.

Hi Elisha!

Thank you for your kind words about The Keating. Our team is so excited that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you were able to fit your complimentary pair of sandals in your luggage as a memento of your time in San Diego. How cool are those sandals with the map of downtown printed on them?! Such a great amenity thought up by our owner. Please think of us the next time you are in San Diego.

Have a great day!
Bothell
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Everything about the Keating was great: amenities, room, etc. but the location is awful since there's a nightclub on the first floor that is way too loud into the early morning hours. Proximity to the conference center and restaurants is great, but proximity to loud city features is also very nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Good Morning Chris -

We are happy to know that you did enjoy all that The Keating has to offer. However, you were disappointed with the location. The Keating is located in the heart of San Diego's vibrant Gaslamp District. This area definitely has a high energy feel with all of the restaurants, nightclubs and even Petco Park nearby. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you did enjoy your time in San Diego.

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Fort Worth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Overall ; not a fan . Not user friendly . Doubt we will ever be back . Oh and the water was turned off 2 times. Check in time way to late in the day for travelers especially . Poor design/privacy in BR .!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Good Morning Kelley -

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay. I apologize that you did not enjoy your time at The Keating. Unfortunately, with the city working on underground pipes we were forced to be without water during your stay. This was frustrating for us as it affected our guests and we had no control over it. The rooms do have a unique design with the bathrooms being opened to the bedroom. We do provide a privacy curtain that pulls across the bathroom. I hope that you were shown this feature when you checked into the room. If not, I sincerely apologize on behalf of my staff. In terms of the late check in time our new management team here at The Keating appreciates the feedback as this was one issue that we have discussed since taking over. If you would like to reach out to me at any time my email address is spappas@thekeating.com. Thank you again for your feedback.