“Very good Hotel at great locaion”

The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina
Ranked #116 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Lentner
“Very good Hotel at great locaion”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

First of all, I visited San Diego already several times but stayed at other hotels. The Keating I used just for one night. However, the location at the center of Gaslamp as well as the hotel by itself is great. Unusual design of the rooms but very nice and clean. Great service also.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shane P, General Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi Thomas!

What a fantastic review! It is too bad that you didn't get to spend more time at The Keating. That just means that you will have to come back to see all of the great things that are happening here. I will share the review with my team as I know that they will be happy to hear that they had a hand in your wonderful experience. Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide your response.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Merrimac, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Good location but Hotwire and the Hotel accepted the reservation when 2 adults and 1 child were listed. The problem is all the rooms had 1 king bed. Other hotels and websites indicate they don't have a room to accommodate the reservation. They did manage to cram a rollaway bed in the room- for an extra daily charge. The other problem is there is a bar that has live music 7 nights week on the 1st floor of the building. The music was so loud the floor vibrated until about 2:30 AM. Ridiculous. The windows are old and single pane so any street noise during the night will also wake you up. Although the location is good I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Chris N
Hi Chris -

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Unfortunately, when booking through a service such as Hotwire they do not take into account needs based on guest count. When we receive the booking we do our best to accommodate. In the future please call us as we will be happy to match rates and can always do a better job at deciphering guest's needs. Regardless, you never should have been charged to add the cot in your room as you and your family were the ones that were inconvenienced. I will address this with my team. As noted in previous responses all of our windows are being changed out to brand new, dual pane windows. I know that does not help you with your stay but hopefully you will have a chance to return to experience what The Keating truly has to offer. If you would like to reach out to me to discuss your stay please do not hesitate to email me at spappas@thekeating.com. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Old Hickory, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel tries to call it self 4 stars. How about 1 star! Even in the cheaper hotels I have never had flies or roaches crawling around. Their complimentary breakfast (which is below average..generic fruit and stale pastries) is infested with flies flying around you as you try to eat and a roach crawling across the table. Needless to say I only "enjoyed" their breakfast for one day.
Turndown service was included in our stay. I informed the staff that we had not received turndown service and they let me know that all turndown service was, was someone making the bed! Since when did basic housekeeping and turndown service mean the same thing? Turndown service is someone actually turning down the sheets, leaving bottled waters on the night stand and mints or something on the pillow, and music playing for when you enter the room. Either way out of the three nights we stayed we had housekeeping stop by ONCE. Yes, only once was our bed made and towels replaced.

This place is a waste of money. For this kind of service I could have gotten a hotel for $100 less a night with better accommodations. What is really sad is that it was my honeymoon. Never again.

4 Thank shml1912
Good Morning SHML -

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am devastated to hear how bad your experience was at The Keating. In regards to our breakfast please know that the new management team is in the process of re-vamping our offerings. I truly apologize about the flies as they were a result of being forced to leave the windows open in our breakfast room as our A/C had gone out. The sub-par turndown service is absolutely inexcusable. As a team we are getting together to discuss where we are failing in this aspect. If you would like to reach out to me at any time to discuss these issues please feel free to email me at spappas@thekeating.com. I wish we could have discussed these issues while you were still here. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Was there for my bday and the room was just simply fantastic.
Staff was ok, but valet was very nice and responsive. Love the shower and bed, turn down service. Only negative was the noise, but it should be expected if you want to stay in Gaslamp

Hi Alex!

We very much appreciate the wonderful review. I hope that you had a great birthday while you were here. I am disappointed to know that the staff was just ok. My expectation for the team is that they are always providing fantastic service. If you have a moment to send me an email at spappas@thekeating.com. I'd like to find out where our team fell short.

Thank You Alex!
Chicago
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice amenities, close proximity to several great restaurants and bars in downtown San Diego and the Gaslamp District. I'd recommend NOT staying on the west or the south side, due to noise from Patrick's

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Good Morning Andy!

The team here at The Keating was excited to read your review. Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to provide us with feedback. It sounds as though despite some noise from our downstairs neighbors that you were still able to enjoy your stay with us at The Keating. We thank you for choosing our hotel and hope that you think of us for future stays.

Have a wonderful day!
Rancho Mirage
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My review is tempered by my feeling unwell during our visit. We did not get out to do much in San Diego, but the hotel room was an excellent place to rest and read and we enjoyed our visit. The location was perfect, the shower was weird and hot water was short.

Hi Jim -

Thank you for your response. I apologize that you did not feel well during your stay. Hopefully, you were able to at least enjoy some of the San Diego sunshine. It is good to know that our room was comfortable for you as you were trying to get better. Please try and come back soon when you are feeling better so that you have a chance to enjoy this great city and all that it has to offer.
Ontario
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Keating has an excellent location. The bed was so comfortable. The room was very nice and modern. Loved the shower. Enjoyed the sandals that came with the room. Everything was great and would love to come back.

Hi Elisha!

Thank you for your kind words about The Keating. Our team is so excited that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you were able to fit your complimentary pair of sandals in your luggage as a memento of your time in San Diego. How cool are those sandals with the map of downtown printed on them?! Such a great amenity thought up by our owner. Please think of us the next time you are in San Diego.

Have a great day!