“Nice hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kaneohe, United States
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great hotel, and location, location, location. Close to everything. I love that they allow pets and have dog bowls outside their front door. Valet parking was also very helpful. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was very disappointed in the Andaz San Diego. I was not informed of the San Diego marathon that took place on June 1, and I am not familiar with the city. I parked my car on the street on the evening of May 31 and the next day when I went to retrieve my car, it had been towed. I spent the last morning of my 3 day weekend at the impound lot and paid $295.00 to retrieve my car. I would have gladly paid the ~$40.00 valet parking fee if I had known. Additionally, the wine in my room was old and had to be replaced; there was a milk carton on the coffee stand in the lobby on June 1st and only 3 sugars. There was walking over my head the morning of the marathon; perhaps runners prepared on the 5th floor.
The San Diego stay did not fulfill my expectations and was in direct contrast to the Savannah Andaz. My Savannah stay (in March of 2014) converted me to this brand and even though I want to return to Andaz, the towing of my car was a major let down. I requested reimbursement for the tow from Andaz San Deigo management and have not had a response.

Room Tip: Inquire at check in about the noise level that you will experience. My room was on the 4th floor and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
berryville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited hyatt Andaz in San Diego May 31-June 3.
We arrived at Andaz and were greeted promptly at the front desk. Check-in was quick & simple. Our room was 317 with a king bed that was very comfortable and a good size room. We also had what my husband called the "fishbowl" shower because the shower separated the bathroom and bedroom and you could completely see through it. Some people's reviews didn't like it and thought it was a lack of privacy, but we thought it was fun!

As with other Andaz hotels, water, Gatorade and some snacks are complimentary and get refilled everyday. That we love. Although, open arriving we did not receive our complimentary beverage (usually wine) that was given to us at other Andaz locations. I had forgotten about it at the time of check-in but remembered later when it was advertised on the hotel tv.

We thoroughly enjoyed the rooftop lounge, bed, bar & pool! The setting is modern & comfy and the waitress service on the weekend was very convenient.

The location of the hotel is right in the Gaslamp area so there is plenty to do and see! Lots of great restaurants and bars within a few steps. My husband and I visited Sea World while we were there and tha was about a twenty minute drive depending on traffic.

The only thing we didn't like was the cost of parking. I know most hotels in the city are expensive too, but we didn't want to pay $40 a night. We decided to park a few blocks away y a SF park. It would have been nice to just park at the hotel though.

Other then that, we will definitely be visiting Andaz San Diego when we return! Great stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica S
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights after relocating from back east and waiting to move into my apartment. The free drinks and snacks in the room help make up for the $38/day valet charge. The onsite gym is nice, and has free water bottles, towels and earphones. Only ate on the rooftop once for lunch - the food was okay but overpriced. The hotel is pet friendly with a $100 fee. Overall, the hotel is nice, has a great location and the valet guys are really helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Though this hotel is beautiful and in a good location, it is party central. Dalia who checked me in was great and put me in a more quiet location, but it didn't help on a Saturday night--there were parties, other 'activities' and just a ton of noise. I don't know if I'd write this except that 3 other friends who have stayed there in the past said 'Oh yeah, it's totally loud there' and 2 of the 3 said they wouldn't stay again because of noise.

Room Tip: don't know because it was so loud but maybe away from the elevators/end of hallways (room 405 wh...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
AndazSD, Guest Services at Andaz San Diego, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear jennmelzer,

Thank you for your review as we do take the points you brought up into strong consideration. We want our guests to have a great experience from a quiet weekend to an eventful one. Based on your experience, it sounds as though we did not succeed in showing you this and for that we want to sincerely apologize. Should you consider staying with us again, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly prior to your visit so we can personally handle the details and attempt to make amends for any discomfort you experienced.

Cherry Hill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed over Memorial Day. The rooms were beautiful, the rooftop deck was amazing - we went up and reach each late afternoon and relaxed. Pool and workout room were good. Breakfast there was very good also. The staff were so helpful, printing out mapquests for us. Especially Matt. Even the valet parking (you can only valet there FYI, but can take your car in and out as much as you want without penalty) staff were helpful and friendly. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We faced the main street and loved sitting in the window sill area people watching. It got a tiny b...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel plays on the Hyatt-Andaz reputation but delivers highway motel quality. Trashy furniture, lousy restaurant, feeling that you were visiting earth after a thermonuclear detonation just destroyed earth. I understand the minimalist concepts of Andaz, but Andaz Wall Street, Andaz 5th avenue, even the Andaz Hollywood make this joint feel lime a trashy highway truck motel. Stay at the Manchester Grand Hyatt any day of the week.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Dear Jeffrey C,

Thank you for your observations. You are correct, Andaz does follow an uncomplicated concept and each property is unique to its location. We take all of our guest’s impressions into consideration when developing new ideas as we continue to look for opportunities to improve our product and service. Please feel free to reach out to us directly should you reconsider staying with us in the future as we will be looking forward to correct this negative experience.

All our best,