“Satisfying lunch buffet”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: K Street
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Visited for lunch during a break from convention. The restaurant is located a few short blocks from the cc, so expect a wait to be seated. The place is huge, so the line for the buffet was long at times. There were several food choices, all good but not outstanding, as expected from a buffet. Service was slow. Nice ambiance at night.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I am a lover Of inadian cousine and i just tried this restaurand but i was despointed with the taste and quality of food. I ordered mango tikka and madras chicken. Mango tikka seems chinese supermarket lemon chicken. Very low quality. The rice was very plane.
But the place is very clean and nice and the staff is wonderful!

1  Thank Elena_vacaiones
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We were a little disappointed with this place. Service was good & the place is well presented.

The food however was pretty average & the spiciness of Indian food was dumbed down -we had a lamb vindaloo that was not spicy at all just a red paste! The lamb & lentils was nice but had no real flavor. The garlic naan & the malai kofta were the only dishes I would recommend.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We eat a lot of Indian food, but have not stayed in India for more than a few days at a time so we can only compare this to what we know. The restaurant is lovely, staff are great, there is Kingfisher on draught, but the food is weird. The Rogan Josh was the best dish we had but there were sticks of ginger the size of my pinkie. The other dish was a mix and match, pick a sauce and chicken/fish to go with it. The fish was obviously pre-cooked in tandoori style then dumped in the sauce, my partner ate it but I hated it. The starter was spinach in batter covered in raita, like Indian nachos! Never seen anything like it but we loved it anyway! Overall it felt like home cooked food where you are trying to use up whatever's in the fridge, and as a result it was a bit hit and miss.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I had an amazing meal here. The servers were friendly, our food was served in a reasonable amount of time, and the location is great (close to the convention center and within the main area of the Gaslamp District). I had the most flavorful shrimp korma, and savored every bite. I couldn't recommended this restaurant more, the food was to die for.