“Great food! ”

Masala Spices of India
Ranked #1,972 of 4,751 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: K Street
“Great food! ”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Passed by and it smelled so yummy. So I looked up reviews on here. Was a bit mixed as Indian food can be extremely yummy or horrible. However we went for it. We had a wonderful dinner. The Mango chicken was an excellent blend of sweet and spicy while the Nariyar with lamb was fantastic. We also munched on naan and a mixture of chutneys. I highly recommend this restaurant. Atmosphere and service was excellent. Truly wonder food.

San Francisco, California
“Worst Indian Buffet !!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Being an Indian, I have tried Indian Buffet in different Parts of USA. This is definitely the WORST I ever experienced. Its reasonably priced, but, the food is horrible. Very few choices. Half of them were near empty. They do not bother to replenish them. Food was tasteless. It seemed they used the same curry to make everything ! No flavor at all !
Service is extremely poor. They directed us to a table where there was no fork, spoon or napkins. I had to ask at least 3 times to get that. They even did not care to offer a simple glass of water!!!! (which is pretty standard in all indian buffet)
Do not bother to go to this place and waste your money !

• Visited April 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Good decoration - food not good”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

During my AACR at San Diego visit I went twice to this restaurant for buffet during lunch time.

Pros: - Great location
- Modern decoration and friendly staff
- Seating arrangement is good and they have nice video playing all over the restaurant

Cons: - Restaurant was not prepared with the buffet at the opening time
- Staff was too slow with making people seat and for billing as well
- Our lunch took us 1 hour 30 minutes which can take only about 20 minutes if staff is
efficient
- Buffet items got done very fast and they were too slow to refill it and people started leaving
- The food had very less salt and species
- I gave this restaurant second chances since I though they were not prepared for so many
people at once. During my second visit it was all the same.

Over all, would not recommend this restaurant for buffet lunch. I did not try it during dinner so some one can give a shot.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Deepkamal K
Honolulu
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Located in the heart of Gaslamp, this is an italian place that appears to be upscale. Food was good, but I felt overpriced particularly when you consider that Little Italy is steps away. It is in a great location right in Gaslamp, steps from the convention center. Good Italian food in the $20-$35 range for a pasta dish and 15-20 for a pizza.

• Visited March 2014
De Pere, Wisconsin
“Pricey, and not the best Indian food I've had”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The best thing about this restaurant is the mango mousse. That tasted great. The lunch buffet was expensive and not the best I've had. Forty dollars for two adult lunch buffets and one child's buffet (didn't even have drinks) and the chicken tikka masala tasted like sauce from a jar. The naan was doughy. The decor was pretty cool.

• Visited March 2014