Unfortunately, this hotel was not "all that". The main photo is the western view where the restaurant, Glass Door, is located which is great and romantic! The rest is like a motel--all interior views like a cheap motel. We had to move because the first was so musty. The "remodeled" room was only better because the ceilings were higher & had a large window in the bath. Will only stay there again in a pinch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in the heart of Little Italy, only four blocks from San Diego harbor, the Porto Vista Hotel offers a breezy gateway to everything the city has to offer. Whatever you'd like to do, see, taste, or try is only minutes from this hotel on the edge of Downtown San Diego.The quaint bistros, shops and art galleries of Little Italy are right outside our doors. A two-minute cab or trolley ride gets you to Petco Park and the vibrant Gaslamp nightlife district, Old Town San Diego, the museums of Balboa Park, and Qualcomm Stadium. As a truly unique choice among affordable hotels in San Diego the Porto Vista features impeccable service in a dynamic central location. Shuttle service is provided to nearby locations including Airport, Cruise Terminal, Convention Center, Amtrak, Gaslamp Quarter/Horton Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Porto Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascend Collection San Diego
- San Diego Ascend Collection
- San Diego Clarion