“Amazing view and even more amazing food”
Review of C-Level Lounge

C-Level Lounge
Ranked #27 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had a spectacular experience here. We had to wait about an hour to get a table, however we spent this time at the awesome bar the with their fantastic bar staff enjoying delicious cocktails. When the buzzer went off to say our table was ready we were very excited. Our table had a lovely view like all the tables in the outside area. The food came out extremely quick and tasted delicious. The only thing is that the food was slightly pricey however you expect that at somewhere this nice. Highly recommended

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Short but sweat.
Incredible views of San Diego Skyline. A menu that only Deborah Scott can create. Truly unique preparations of dishes you may or may not find in other restaurants. Makes all other restaurants seem boring.
Prices are good and selection is eclectic. Looking forward to our next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely happy hour at the C Level Lounge on Harbor Island the evening before we left San Diego to come home to the scorching desert of central AZ. We had very nice originally crafted cocktails, including a delish, not too sweet sangria, as well as multiple seafood apps, each only 5 dollars apeice. The atmosphere was beautiful--literally on/in the harbor where we loved watching the yachts come and go. But most special were the restaurant staff. They took the time and interest to ensure that we were seated where we had requested to be, right next to the water, even though it took some complex finangling on their part. They didn't rush us, even though we were only having apps and drinks and not dinner. A truly lovely experience. Superb service and quality.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

There's some definite "grade inflation" going on here, if this is the #7 out of 4,000 in San Diego. I'd say it's more likely in the top 20 for tourists who forgot to make a reservation. Don't get me wrong, the setting on the harbor is lovely. But there is little else that makes it special. Essentially this is a lunch cafe, and step-child to the nicer adjoining "Island Prime". First of all, C-Level Lounge does not take reservations. We walked up at 7:30 (aware of this), were promised 75 minutes, and seated in 45 (to their credit). A steady stream of tourists tripped over our table to take their picture against the the backdrop of the night skyline. They seated a party of six at a four-top next to us, which also contributed to the general confusion. Wait staff was efficient, courteous, friendly and helpful, but our entrees were badly delayed, resulting in people who arrived well after us being served before us. All in all, the food was only ordinary. I've had better Caesar salad and lobster bisque in other restaurants in SD. Scallops were a bit overdone, and risotto cakes were breaded, fried, and bland. Lobster Truffle Mac & Cheese was a mistake: little flecks of rock lobster, in a large but passable mac & cheese serving. Drinks were impressively tall and decorated (viz. Bloody Mary), but not superb. Final conclusion: We paid a premium price for a beautiful outdoor setting, but only average food and service. Come by here at lunch time and have a glass of rose, and admire the ships and boats, but don't expect fine dining.

2  Thank David B
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The wait staff was very pleasant and knowledgeable of their product. The location is great along the harbor overlooking the sea. If I were rating my experience on everything but the food it would be 4.5, however the food does play a critical role in the rating.

I chose the ahi tuna. The tuna was seared and honestly tasted very bland to me. It was really an average food experience for me. My friends had a lobster BLT and really liked it. I was actually surprised the menu didn't have more seafood options. I can't say I won't go back, but will be reluctant to do so if I want seafood.