Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dolphin Motel(San Diego)
View Hotel
Hotel Aqua Mar(San Diego)
1,723 results
All reviewsbedroom suitesouth buildingbasketball courttrader joesmon thursfull kitchenfree dinneroutdoor fireplacelaundry roomevening receptionwalking pathpoint lomanaval baseliving areawithin walking distancehome away from homecomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I liked this hotel. It's not near the downtown or most common areas - but it's in a busy area and easy enough to get around. The rooms are large. The hotel is in two buildings - which is strange. It felt like I was in an addendum building and the desk and controls are in the other building - so it feels a little vulnerable. But once inside it's a nice place. The manager's reception was actually really good. The breakfast was awful but the dinner food was surprisingly good. Parking is easy - airport acces is easy. Overall a good choice if you don't want to be on the main San Diego areas (marina, gas light etc).

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2011

26/M/TX stayed at Homewood Suites after searching through allll the travel sites for a good place in San Diego. Now this place isn't exactly in the middle of touristdom, but since we had a rental car, this was no big deal. And unlike many places, parking was free! There are a few restaurants near the hotel within walking distance, or you can take advantage of complimentary breakfasts and dinners. There is also a nice jogging trail next to the hotel that some friends of mine used and enjoyed.

We selected a place with a kitchenette so that we could cook food at the hotel and then take lunches to the zoo, Seaworld, etc. There were grills outdoors that we used to make burgers and kebabs, which was a lot of fun and a low-priced alternative to having every vacation meal at a restaurant. There is a Trader Joe's grocery a few blocks away.

Lots of families and their children stay here, making those complimentary meals a bit crowded. However, the rooms and halls were typically quiet, the staff was extremely courteous, cheery and helpful at all hours, and the rooms were well-appointed with comfortable beds and enough kitchen supplies and utensils to make whatever is necessary.

The shower was not particularly effective, but we had the handicapped-accessible room, and through no fault of the hotel those showerheads are typically not very good anyway if you need some pressure. The (heated!) pool and hot tub are small, but still in keeping with the average hotel at this price range. There is some disparity between what wares and utensils are in each room, but the front desk can get you anything that is missing or extra containers to take, say, a big bowl of pineapple to the beach.

I was very satisfied with what I got for the price and would happily stay at this place again on any future vacations to San Diego (which I'll need to do, it was a wonderful city and four days just isn't enough to see everything).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2011

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. First of all, there is ample parking for everyone. Not to mention that it is included in the price of the room. The hotel is very clean, modern, safe, and is in a new development. There are many restaurants nearby and a Vons and Trader Joe's for marketing. The hotel is conveniently situated near the airport, close to downtown as well as Balboa Park, Seaworld, etc. The rooms are spacious and beautiful. We had a first floor room and although there was alot of noise one night at 2am, I think it was a wedding party arriving back to their room. Otherwise, I could not hear any planes at all. I am a light sleeper and so I did hear our neighbors beside us or above us, but the noise was minimal. The breakfast bar is varied enough for the pickiest eater. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2011

From start to finish I was happy with my stay. I think the location was very nice. There is abundant free parking. There are multiple places to buy food in easy walking distance such as a Subway, a Mexican fast food place and some others. Within about a mile are two grocery stores and lots of other stores. One side of the hotel is on the harbor and there is a walkway that is a great way to exercise. About ten minutes stroll is a great playground if you bring kids. The area is very nice and is very safe. The staff was very friendly and helpful as soon as I arrived. Check in was prompt and easy. I had asked for a quiet room and got one I was pleased with as I am a light sleeper. The hotel is near the airport but I never heard any noise from airplanes in the room. There is also no street noise as it in the back of the parking lot which is shared with the other shops and restaurants. The room was nice and if I needed anything the staff was very prompt in responding. They have a free shuttle that will even take you to other hotels. If you need them to buy you food from the market they will also do that. There is free breakfast every day and dinner 4 nights a week. The only drawback is the food, which did not impress me, but other people were eating there and seemed ok. There are two exercise rooms, a game room, and a pool.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2011

This was a great place to stay. It was clean, quiet and the staff was very friendly. I had a 2 bedroom suite shared with my daughter her husband and my granddaughter. We had plenty of room. The suite has a full kitchen with untensils so we could cook if we wanted but there were restaurants in walking distance and there was also places to get a massage or pedicure close. My only complaint was there was no childrens programming available on television that didn't have to be paid for. All in all this was a perfect place to stay with family!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family