“Homewood Suites Liberty Station was lovely, great location beautiful surroundings.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Ranked #8 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Loved the area walking paths along the water to Liberty Station shops and historic sites. Also walking over the bridge to the Spanish Landing park and Marina was beautiful. The Homewood Suites pool and outdoor areas were so nice, many places to sit and relax

• Stayed July 2014
Rick B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for the kind remarks. We do have a great location with the shops, walkways and paths! Glad you made good use of them and hope to see you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Korean first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here during our vacation with our grandkids in California. I was a bit worried about the noise from the airport, but that went away quickly and was never a problem. The hotel is in a very pretty setting with good parking and close to some really good seafood restaurants on the harbor. It is easy to get to the beaches and Point Loma. But most of all, we were impressed with the quality of the room. Everything was very clean and provided us with a good nights rest. This is an excellent hotel in an excellent area. And the breakfast and coffee were great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for the wonderful comments! I am glad that you had a hassle free stay and enjoyed the amenities and surroundings! Thanks again!
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Very well situated for Comicon, between the beach and downtown

Very family friendly. Nice pool and workout room. Great staff, very helpful and courteous. Nice rooms that will fit a two adults and two kids. Good breakfast buffet. Plenty of places to eat nearby.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the kind remarks! Glad you had a great time during Comicon and we look forward to your return next year!
United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel was very nice and the room was quite adequate for my family. The only complaint that I have is minor noise caused from other guest moving the furnishings on the outdoor terrace that was located directly above our room. This only happened on a few occasions during our week long stay. It was not to a level that I felt the need to report it to the front desk.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your kind remarks! I am glad you had a good stay. Please feel free to contact us during future stays if there are any noise issues! We take those very seriously and want all our guests to have a wonderful stay.
Carlsbad, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Very nice property and the rooms are very quiet considering proximity to the airport. You can barely hear the jets and were a non factor for us as we all fell asleep without a problem. The dinner is something that I would skip at Homewood unless you are on a budget and don't mind a dinner of make your own sandwich with sodium nitrate laden cold cuts and bread. There are very good restaurants to choose from in the same parking lot that you can walk to less than 300 feet or so if that. Homewood makes it up with hot oatmeal, cereals, hard boiled eggs and these sort of pre made omlets that have a rubbery taste that you may want to skip in favor of the hard boiled eggs. Easy parking and nice overall property that looks like it was just renovated or new. Sort of a small one bedroom suite and smallish bathroom but it worked. Another minor but irritating issue I have with Hilton is on this points stay I didn't get welcomed as a Diamond member which only bugs me because I never know if they even made even the littlest attempt to upgrade my room. So I always have to ask if I'm still Diamond and if they tried to upgrade my room. So there you go. The facts as saw them at this property. I would probably stay there again as it is close to allot within walking distance. The water front, restaurants, The Rock Church, Trader Joe's, Chipolte, on and on......

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rick B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for the kind remarks! You are correct that the rooms look new; we just completed our renovation this past May and we are proud of the new look. I am glad you were able to to find alternatives at breakfast, and mentioned the immediate area across the parking lot that has numerous eateries including Subway, Oggi's Pizza, Smashburger and a Starbucks, just to name a few. I am sorry to hear that you were not recognized as you should have been as a Diamond Member. I will address this with my Front Desk staff immediately. Thanks again for the overall great marks and we hope you visit again.
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Quick trip from airport. Easy to find. Great parking. Nice hotel rooms along San Diego bay. Handful of resturants in walking distance including Thai and pizza. Large park/grass area in walking distance. Navy barracks were a quick walk across the street. Very good free breakfast. Adequate evening snack/food. Did not use the outdoor pool. Definately would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for the great comments! I'm glad you were able to find the nearby Thai restaurant and local Pizza place! This is a great place to "visit the navy!" It use to be part of the Naval Training Center and I am sure you found the USS Recruit, the training ship that now resides next to our hotel! Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were disappointed that Liberty Station was not as busy an area as we had thought it would be. There were plenty of places to eat that. More or less were nearby. The aesthetics of the area was outstanding. We were on the water as well as in the center of a beautiful park. Within walking distance there were a handful of restaurants and with a further walk, there were many more options, as well as Trader Joe's.

I was alone for the first two nights and had a King room. I loved the layout of the room, as the bed was in an alcove and left the rest of the room open. The bed was not as comfortable as most Homewood's and. I never really was able to totally get comfortable, the room and bathroom were very clean. When my family arrived, we moved to a bigger suite. Same thing with regard to the bed. It was not awful, but it was noticeably uncomfortable.

Cleanliness and safety are priorities to us. I absolutely give this hotel high marks in the cleanliness department. I did not think the hotel was unsafe, but at times, but the walk into Liberty Station was somewhat deserted. I never felt like I was in any danger, but did feel very alone.

Although quiet, the location to get into San Diego, Coronado and Padres Stadium was more than adequate and I would not hesitate to recommend this hoteL as a viable option in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind remarks! I am glad you were able to enjoy the surrounding area and thank you for the comments regarding our cleanliness......this is a high priority for us! I am sorry you found the bed somewhat uncomfortable....I am not sure why, normally we get great comments regarding the beds and have had numerous requests from previous guests on how to order them! Then again, sleep is a very personal thing and small differences can make an impact. Thanks again for staying with us and giving us the overall positive recommendation!