“2 events...one incredible weekend!”
Review of The Pearl Hotel

The Pearl Hotel
Ranked #23 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Scottsdale
“2 events...one incredible weekend!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This weekend I had a birthday party & bachelorette party at The Pearl. Tony & Brian made both of the events so special. Everything was excellent...but the people are what make this jewel of a hotel stand out! I cannot thank them enough for make both of the guests of honors feel so celebrated. You guys are fabulous!!!

• Stayed January 2014
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Most Important. Happy Birthday!!!!. Hope you had a very special day. Thanks for celebrating it with us. we are honored. Will pass on the kind words about Tony and Brian. Hope you will come stay with us again soon. Tell a friend.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I had been to the Pearl once before for a girls night out. I fell in love with the place. We got a table out by the pool and quickly discovered they play movies on their giant screen. It was summer and the pool was packed, guests were partying in the pool but overall it was a classy and fun place!
Last Friday night I brought my boyfriend in for his birthday dinner. We ordered their 5 cheese course and the black mussels for appetizers. The cheese plate was phenomenal! The portions were generous and the cheeses mouth watering. We ended up ordering extra bread and it came with roasted garlic, it was incredible!! My boyfriend ordered the NY steak and he was literally chewing with his eyes closed and doing a happy dance in his chair! I had the butternut squash ravioli. It was also delicious but a little too sweet for me, might have been the amaretto. They have a great selection of beers and cocktails. We had the NY cheesecake for dessert. .Our server brought it out with a sparkler, it was a nice touch!
Adrienne the Manager came to check on us a few times, she is very sweet and personable, her staff is on point! If you're looking for a hip, underrated boutique hotel with a superb menu this is the spot!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
On behalf of the entire crew at the Pearl Hotel, Thank you very much for your detailed review. Glad to hear you had a great experience. Honored to have you as our guests. come visit us again soon. We appreciate the support. Tell a Friend.
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I am a San Diego resident and a mother of one. That being said weekend getaways and vacations with the hubby are few and far between. I love finding new local spots for a little staycation every now and then. The Pearl Hotel is my new favorite gem. The location is great. You are close to the beach and several delicious resturants. AND if you don't want to leave the property there is an amazing resturant onsite. They offer local ingredients along side craft beers and cocktails.

I read a lot of reviews mentioning the awesome decor, free wifi, and rad outdoor theatre. Agreed!! One thing I don't see mentioned is that they offer free bike rental on a first come first serve basis. San Diego is a great city to see via bike. And if you eat in the resturant on your birthday your meal is free!

All in all great job Pearl Hotel! I will be back for years to come.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Courtney H
Thank you so much for your review. We strive to offer a lot of value for an affordable price. Glad you took notice to the free/complimentary bike usage. Most hotels charge a rental fee. Hope you will come stay with us again soon. Locals rule!!!! Tell a friend.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Spent 2 nights (wish it had been more) at The Pearl as part of honeymoon in Oct 2011 (apologies for late review) . Can't recommend the hotel more...just such an amazing and relaxed atmosphere about it. Lucky for us we were for both the bingo and dive in movie nights....superb! Forget the soulless chain hotels....this is the only place you want to be staying in San Diego. Staff super cool and helpful.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mickymcc1976
Thank you very much for the review. Better late then never. Appreciate you taking time. Please come visit us again soon. Tell a friend.
arizona
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The negatives: parking issue (fee), poor Wi-Fi, very dated hotel (more like a motel), no high definition TV channels, road noise. Uniqueness: Oscar the fish in the fishbowl light fixture - very cool. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, but overall we were disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We do have very limited parking (10 spaces) so we charge $10 a night for parking, BUT there is plenty of free parking in the community. Guest choice. Our Wifi is usually very strong, going to look into it. I strong WiFi is extremely important to me when i visit other hotels.

all of our rooms are outfitted with modern 37" or 42" Flatscreen TV's. We have a have an expanded Cable package that includes about 50+ channels. to help keep our room costs affordable we don't offer HD TV.

Hotel was completely renovated in 2008 to award winning quality. we have won numerous awards and honors. I am sorry you felt our hotel was dated.

Our staff is amazing. They truly strive to meet and exceed guest expectations and experience. It's our main focus. I'm honored to work with them. They truly care the most.

I hope you will give us another try.
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I loved this boutique hotel - the design is great! The room was great, staff was friendly and helpful. For the price I felt it was a great value and I would stay there again. I have already told a lot of friends about this great find in San Diego.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy S
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you very much for the great review. We appreciate your support. Come stay with us again soon. All the best in 2014. Tell a Friend.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 January 2014

MY NEW FAVORITE PLACE! This hotel is so-o-o-o groovy! i love it, it is a must to check out if you're in the area looking for a stay-cay or cool lounge for some dinner and drinks. The staff is so attentive to your needs and although the rooms aren't that big, it's all very comfortable and cozy. Flat screen TVs, comfy beds, a fish in every room (so different!), and a sweet hangout on a hammock by the pool. But what really tied up the experience was the dinner at the restaurant. Our server was Sarah and she was probably one of the best servers I've had. It's hard to find good service lately, lots of restaurants seem to be forgetting service is key but Sarah was right on point. She was very amiable, smiley and helpful with drink and food choices. I tried the best burger in town and the bun sealed that deal. so yummy, and great fries. my boyfriend had the pork chop and although we were afraid it would be dry, it was very well prepared! and their drinks!! oh man, so amazing. i loved the pickle party shot! who would have thought to even make that up? jameson with a pickle back!! oh also try their cinn-ful berry! thank you sarah for a memorable night of great service and great food. will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
On behalf of the Pearl Hotel. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your awesome review!!!!. appreciate the detail. Hope you will come visit us again soon. will share with the entire staff, especially Sarah, she is a rock star. Come visit us again soon.