The Pearl Hotel
US$288
US$270
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$240
Official Site
US$652
HardRockSD.com
  • Restaurant
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$224
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$242
US$203
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$190
  • Restaurant
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$224
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$423
  • Beachfront
1,020 results
All reviewsbeta fishmid centurypet fishdive in moviemovie screenfish bowlshag carpetbrussel sproutsbruce leejewel roompoint lomacool retroroad noisesmall hotelshelter islandcomfy bedhotel guests
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The pearl is an awesome place to stay. The staff goes over and above to make sure you have what you want. The food is fantastic. The chef, Elliot Townsen, is amazing. His food was so good!! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2014
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

On behalf of the entire Pearl crew. Thank you very much for your review. Your support means the world to us. Guest experience is a top priority of our entire team. Hope to see you soon. Tell a friend.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Sad to say I did not have the best time here. I really don't have anything nice to say. Used to frequent regularly but since they have changed management customer service has gone way downhill! Inego and Kimberly used to bring us fresh fruit by the pool and when I rented cabanas we were well taken care of. This will be my last visit to the pearl. We were not allowed to park at the hotel and the spot we moved out of was never filled during our stay, and 4 of us in the room were told to quiet down at 8pm. Oh yeah and don't write a negative yelp review...we were threatened with a lawsuit when a poor review was given.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenny1400
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Very sorry you feel you had a less then stellar experience at the Pearl. I will be looking into your stay. I take each and every review very seriously. While our management team has changed a bit, ownership and pride of ownership has not. Guest experience is paramount to me and our company values.

i hope you will give us another try. feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss further.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Amazing place...step back from the city and enjoy a rerlaxing and friendly hotel. Restaurant has amazing food and the staff make this place...can be a bit noisy during the evenings because of the events they hold but nothing to worry too much about!

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are nice but can be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the support and we appreciate your 5-star review. Glad you could visit us and hope you can return for another stay. Please tell a friend. Make it a great day.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I’m not sure why this hotel gets so many raves. Pleasant staff aside, it’s a refurbished, very generic 1950’s motel with modest amenities in the rooms. Our personal ‘patio’ was a shallow cement slab overwhelmed by a wall, with room enough for a bench and no more. An apartment building loomed over the patio wall, making us feel as if we were the fish in a bowl. There was little natural light in our room. At $250/night [holiday rates] I wouldn’t have expected to pay $3 for the ‘boxed’ water in the room, and would have hoped for more than only ‘free’ coffee in the morning, however decent that coffee was. The pool is microscopic. As many have commented, the bar/restaurant is quite noisy, as is the street-side traffic. A disappointment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Appreciate your review and support. your comments are noted and will be discussed at our next manager meeting. Our staff does rock!!!. they work hard to provide amazing guest experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I walked into the Pearl with my husband with high expectations. Several of my friends have been to the Pearl before, and all have raved about their wonderful experiences, so of course I had to hold them to a high standard. Let me tell you, the Pearl and their staff did not disappoint! As soon as we walked through the door, we were greeted by the front desk with genuine smiles and friendly conversation. The general manager, who introduced herself as Natalie, told us that if we had any issues, to not hesitate to give her a call right away. How nice! (Although please note we did not encounter any issues!!)
We stayed in a "Strand" room and it was lovely. My husband, who sometimes has back problems sleeping on new mattresses, said he had never had a better night's sleep! Absolutely adored the goldfish that came in the room, too!

For dinner, we lounged poolside at EAT at the Pearl. From our drinks to our appetizers to our entrees, our meal couldn't have been better. The server was very attentive and friendly, and gave us some great recommendations.
This place is funky, has a vintage, quirky vibe, and a great place to hang out either just for drinks or for a full meal. Although I recommend staying at least a night in the hotel as well, to receive the full experience. This was a great first stay at the Pearl! I can safely say that we will be back again and again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Appreciate your awesome review!! We're honored you've name us your favorite hotel in SD. Thank you for your support. Glad you got a chance to enjoy our poolside restaurant too. Please come back soon! Tell a friend.