“Decent but could have been better”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ghostly Tours in History
Ranked #234 of 287 Tours in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: For a "hauntingly" good time join our 1.5 hour Walking tours in Old Town and the Gaslamp District and 3 hour Limo tour to some of San Diego's ghostly locations. Visit the places less traveled and see for yourself!
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I purchased a Groupon for the Gaslamp tour. I was glad that I didn't pay full price. It was ok, but not great. Our tour guide, Thomas, seemed like a newbie. He spoke with no emotion or feeling, and seemed unsure of himself. The stories he told seemed to be lacking details, or maybe it was just the way he told them. I think with a different guide it would have been better. He was a very nice man, but just seemed to lack experience. At the end of the tour, he read a poem that ended with him asking for tips. Tips are voluntary, and it created an very awkward situation. We were all standing there, he read the poem, then put out his hat for the tips. I thought this was very tacky. There was total silence and everyone looked around at each other, not knowing what to do. I would like to do this tour again, either with a different guide or a different company.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I attended a Ghostly Tour walking experience in the Gaslamp district of San Diego, CA. The tour was informative and very interesting. We were able to visit many of the "haunted" locations in the Gaslamp including Wyatt Earp's saloon and bordello.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We took the tour with Magnus Pike in May 2013. It was an entertaining evening, well worth the money paid. Like the other reviewer, my husband and I enjoy taking Ghost Tours wherever we can. This one was thoroughly enjoyable, well paced, with time to explore and search for ghosts! The stories in Whaley House were well told. Whether you believe or not, my camera managed to pick up some orbs -very interesting.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

My husband and I take ghost tours in all the cities we visit. Ghostly tours in San Diego is the cream of the crop. The guides remain in character all thru the tour which must be difficult. Our guide was named Lenore. She had excellent storytelling skills and I found myself being drawn in by her style. Stories were entertaining. I recommend the limo tour but the walking tour was good as well Only good ghost tour in San Diego, we tried the other guy, not even close. Well done, Lenore!

1  Thank bets1253
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Our tour guide was Sheriff Gray. He was dressed in victorian costume. The first stop on the tour was the Whaley house. This part of the tour is done by the Whaley's staff. After that we went on a 90 minute walking tour of old town. While the emphasis is more on history than actual paranormal "ghost hunting", we enjoyed the tour. It was not scary. Older children could attend with no problem. If you are looking for a "TAPS" type of experience, this isn't it. It was fun and entertaining. $ 25/ ticket. Meet the guide in front of the Cafe Coyote so depending on what night you go, be sure to go early enough to find parking.