“Fantastic experience”

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Ranked #36 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I recently stayed at The Hard Rock Hotel San Diego for a staycation. I live in the north county and routinely come down to stay at the HRH because of their wonderful accommodations. They always greet me with superior customer service beginning with the valets and continuing to the front desk and on through my entire stay. They have great restaurants and fun bars clubs to go to. I look forward to my next stay in the near future.

• Stayed April 2012
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,070)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This hotel is the definition of great customer service!!! I've stayed at several hotels in several different cities and have never had such a great experience. From the moment we were greeted by valet upon arrival til the moment we left there was exceptional service at every encounter! They go far beyond taking the extra step to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need no matter how little or big!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This hotel prides itself on treating it's guests like "Rock Stars", and the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego certainly delivers. I've stayed here on a few occasions since my initial review in August of 2011, and every stay has been exceptional. Everything about the Hard Rock screams "cool", from the giant LED wall behind reception, to the vintage memorabilia installations scattered throughout the hotel, to the rooms themselves, if you're looking for "hip", you've found it here. What separates this property from others, is that they match their style with substance. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. You can tell that quality of service is a top level priority to the management and staff here. Case in point? The lobby diner, Maryjane's, has both Aunt Jemima AND Mrs. Butterworth's syrup for my pancakes. Believe me, its the details that count most to me, and that's why I'll continue to stay at the Hard Rock whenever my travel schedule allows me.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
What an awesome review! Thanks so much for the great comments. We’ll see you next time!
el monte
Reviewed 10 April 2012

It was my boyfriends birthday and about 20 of us were going to the Padres game and heading to Gaslamp after, so I decided to stay at the Hard Rock because I felt it was appropriate since we were there to party. We arrived at 4:30 (later than we expected), so we were in a rush to check-in, drop our stuff off and head to meet everyone at the Padres game. When we get to the hotel it seemed like the hotel would be awesome because we were greeted by super friendly valet staff. Our bags were picked up for us and when I was ready to check-in, I was told the room was not ready. The advertised time for check in is 4:00pm and it is about 4:35pm, so I keep my patience and was told it should be very soon that they are just finishing up. While we're waiting in the lobby, we figured we can't waste anymore time waiting on them we were about to head out to the game at 5:00pm. However, as I was about to leave I received the call that the room was ready. We decided to go ahead and get settled as quickly as possible so we wouldn't have to do it when we get back. I finally got to check in at 5:00pm (an hour later than the advertised time) and gave my ticket to the concierge person to get our bags up and she said they'll be there right away. However, I wait 15 minutes and they're still not there. I call the concierge and am told that "they should be on their way." At this point I am losing my patience because my plans are thrown off because of the hotel. I called back 10 minutes later and tell him that I NEED my bags because we have to get to the game that started at 5:35pm. They still did not come and after another ten minutes I called back and was told the same thing. Finally, I went downstairs to make sure that they were not sitting in their holding area. Basically, my plans were thrown off an hour because of the hotel and this should have not have been the case. Half an hour was wasted because the room was not ready until 5 and another half an hour was wasted because our bags did not get there until 5:30 and the game started at 5:35; in addition, we had a lot of people waiting on us. For spending $300 a night this is not what I had expected nor wish to have experienced especially on someone's birthday. I could have stayed at a motel for this kind of service. Also, the bell boys were rude. When we initially decided to just leave to the game without checking in, we had to grab stuff from our bags and one of them had to supervise us. He had an annoyed face and was not friendly at all (I'm sure because we were delaying him from getting his tips from other people), but that would not be happening if our room were ready as advertised.

Room Tip: I booked the Woodstock Suite because of how it looked in the pictures, but the King or Queen Suite w...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tigger03em
Tigger03em, this is so disappointing to read, and I’m so sorry that your check in experience went as you described. Please know that a late check in is not our standard, and we strive every day to deliver service that is above and beyond. Our great location is perfect for game day, and we would love to have you back for a real Hard Rock experience. Thank you for sharing your experience, and please reach out to us next time you're in the area.
California
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed for opening weekend of Padres with a great special of $99. We had a beautiful view of the Coronado bridge and bay. Danced at the 207 lobby bar and had a fabulous breakfast at MaryJanes.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
That sounds like a blast! Go Padres!
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 8 April 2012

First time stay, and it was great. I felt very welcomed and it was just so close to the stadium .

• Stayed April 2012
Have you planned your second trip yet?
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Great hotel with an amazing atmosphere. All the staff was very helpful and accommodating. Great place to stay when heading to a baseball game or wanting to be in the heart of all the downtown action. Had a great gym that I was able to use to work out all the toxins from the night before! A little bummed that the pool was closed for a private event but they concierge was super helpful in telling us that the Omni next door would take us!! Thank you HRSD for a great opening day experience!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends