“The rooms were nice, location was great but good luck trying to sleep.”

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Ranked #28 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed here to celebrate a friend's birthday. We booked a King Suite room which was large, spacious and modern. The location is great and you can pretty much walk anywhere in the gas lamp area.
I have two major complaints about the hotel. One, it is tailored as a party hotel. You can rent your own DJ equipment for your room and they even have a "hangover" special at the spa. There was a major party going on in a room next to us on our floor packed with many people. We probably went to sleep around midnight and there were people yelling and screaming down the hallways of the hotel and out the upper balconies. This lasted until 3 to 4 in the morning. At first we thought it was the streets, but the streets were empty when we looked. Needless to say, we slept awful. Thank goodness we were there for only one night. My second issue is the bathroom in the room. It has a glass door surrounding it, so you are able to see a blurred image of whoever is using it. You can also hear whatever is going on in there. It's offers very minimal privacy. My friends and I had three hotel rooms and we would go to the room no one was in to use the restroom. Bottom line, I most likely will not stay here again because of my lack of sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Anglkelly
Write a ReviewReviews (5,559)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed here for my 40th birthday with my wife. Had a wonderful experience. The rooms are really nice. I love San Diego. Lived here my hole life. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends. Hope u stay and enjoy yourself.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Happy belated birthday, Stephan! Thank you for celebrating your 40th birthday with us, and we're so happy that you and your wife had an amazing time. It's great to hear that you'd recommend us to your family and friends as well!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Super slow internet. Dirty corridors that are poorly lit. Room desktop space insufficient to work at with laptop. Some outlets didn't work. One morning there was loud pep talk convention held at pool area tent that woke us up at 745am. Had to call front desk to ask for room to be cleaned. Bill not placed under door night before check out. One of the gym treadmills not functioning properly. Overall extremely disappointing and underwhelmed.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Dotco

Hi Dotco, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’d like to learn more about your stay so we can improve future visits. Can you contact us at customerservice(at)hardrockhotelsd(dot)com?

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Hard Rock San Diego is located in the lively Gaslamp district, close to many restaurants and bars.

My room was large and quite fantastic as it was a Hard Rock Suite: comfortable, with a large power shower, the best possible linens. Really great!
However there was some noise from the street on saturday night.

Great vibe at this Hard Rock hotel with the bar 207 and good music.

Food was average at MaryJane's for breakfast, but the staff was very friendly.
There is a very nice pool on the upper floor.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Hi Chris75, thank you for sharing your feedback and excellent photos! We're thrilled you enjoyed all aspects of your suite and the overall vibe of our hotel. We're sorry that you experienced some noise issues, and we'd love to try to accommodate you on a higher floor in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This place offered a very good stay. The location is fantastic, especially if you are visiting a convention as it is directly across the street from the convention center. There are a lot of restaurants around the hotel as well as shopping locations. The hotel itself was pretty cool and somewhat hip. I love the fact that they will lend you a guitar during your stay, gratis! It was fun to play, and if you don't play, there are guitar lessons on some of the channels in your room. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Hi YourNextGuest, we love to hear that you enjoyed renting one of our Fender guitars! It sounds like you had a lot of fun during your visit, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your great feedback about our prime location and Sound Of Your Stay program.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Wow! This hotel is amazing. It felt as though we were in Vegas. The check-in was quick and the employees were helpful and friendly. We stayed in the Hard Rock King Suite. The room was perfect. The layout was interesting. The bathroom was split up in two sections in the middle of the room instead of the normal hotel room layout. The mini bar had everything and more that you would ever need. The location couldn't be better. You are steps away from many bars and restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

We really enjoyed reading your excellent review and seeing your great photos, bradygalpal! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about our central location, suites, and staff. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel looked so cool from the pictures on-line, I had to try it out. What can I say, it was just as awesome in person. I would have loved to get a fender guitar delivered to my room (as they said they would) but I slept in haha - next time! The roof top bar is very cool also, great place to have a drink and relax after dinner. Would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs in case you are on the street side