“An Okay Stay”

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Ranked #32 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I arrived around 7:30 pm on a Friday night - only one car in front of me. Valet was prompt, but no bellman was available. Long line to check in. There were plenty of staff around in the lobby, but only one clerk at the front desk. It was 8 pm before I reached the front of the check in line. I rated the hotel very low because I asked for a quiet room away from the hotel entrance - busy street noise plus freight trains, away from the pool (afternoon pool party and evening outdoor patio parties) and away from the night club. I was given room 618. It had a beautiful view, but it was above the nightclub and the hotel entrance plus the railroad crossing. The hotel and the room was very modern in design. The valet and bell men were very helpful - A+++. But F rating on the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Do not get rooms x10-x12-14-x16-x18! You are facing the entrance and the train tracks as well as abo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike L
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi Mike, we are sorry that you didn't have an amazing visit and we would like to learn more about your experience. Can you please contact us at customerservice(at)hardrockhotelsd(dot)com so we can follow up with you?

Write a ReviewReviews (5,435)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great outside services and Front Dest Personnel! Bar service was great. Lots of action always going on! Location was great. Vallet parking of $49 a night is a little High! The Bag Boys were outstanding.

Room Tip: OK but the Bathroom was small. Maid service was great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hi Doug, it sounds like you had an excellent time! Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback about our customer service and location. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed at the HRH for my 26th Birthday and got a great deal on two suites (check out their Happy Friday night specials). Overall, our stay was great; rooms were clean, staff was very helpful in all aspects. I stayed in the past at the HRH Las Vegas and I must say, the San Diego hotel doesn't exactly come with the same in-room entertainment in terms of technology, but that was the only downside.

• Stayed: June 2014

Happy Birthday, ocervantes! Thank you for celebrating your 26th birthday with us, and we're glad you loved the suites you stayed in. We appreciate your feedback regarding technology and we'll share it with our team.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

When I registered for the Dealer Socket User Summit I was excited to see it was being held at the Hard Rock as I have heard great things about their hotels and I was NOT disappointed! From the moment I walked in there was a unique and AWESOME vibe about the entire place, from the incredibly great attitude of the staff to the amazing Rock and Roll atmosphere with all the way cool memorabilia at every turn! The event itself was really cool but was taken to a whole other level of awesome with the way the Hard Rock provided not only awesome accommodations but also a staff of amazing folks to help with it! Loved the room, the view and amenities but I must repeat once again; the level of incredible customer service I received by EVERYONE from the front lobby to Mary Janes Café and out to the valet in front was simply the BEST! Not only will I be back but Im planning now when I will be! Cant wait to get back to the Hard Rock!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

What an amazing review, MiketheCarGuy! Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback about your experience during the Dealer Socket User Summit. We're thrilled that you enjoyed everything about your visit from our unique vibe and incredible customer service to our rockin' memorabilia. We're happy to hear that you're already planning your next trip and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Staff was friendly, efficient and called me by name. Couldn't ask for more.
I was only thee two nights. Was expecting a lot more Rock memorabilia than you had displayed. I've seen more stuff at other Hard Rock's.
Restaurant was adequate. You guys did a good job. I'd come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We really enjoyed your Dealer Socket feedback, James! We look forward to sharing your review with our team, and we're glad you had a fun time at the conference.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Overall, our stay was pretty good mostly because we just kept to ourselves. The location is perfect, we did not drive anywhere and just walked most of the gas lamp district since it was so close - literally right outside.

Our main problem was customer service - we pull up to Valet and wait probably like 5-8 mins and watch as the valets just chat away. They even glanced at us. My wife stepped out and started unloading our things and I grabbed the luggage cart and only then did they start to help. When we checked in, there was no warmth or welcoming vibe. We have stayed in different hotels all over and just a friendliness and warmth I feel is necessary in the hotel business.

We were put on the 3rd floor and at times we would hear something heavy drop. It sounded like weights from the gym being dropped. This would happen in the morning, afternoon, sometimes at night.

The style of the room was really nice. We had a king suite. We had to get the TV repaired during our stay but they were responsive. The bathroom though is a little awkward. It's right in the middle of the room and you can hear everything the other person is during. Roommates or friends this can get awkward! haha! The shower also is nice lots of room and two shower heads w rain style. The thing is that it floods the other space A LOT. Our view was also of the parking lot.

Overall the room was nice, people were polite because they had to be but whatever, location is great, maryjanes cafe - over priced but what can you expect, and good to just do your thing. It's a great place for a nice hotel, comfortable, in and out.

• Stayed: June 2014
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Ellerie, thank you for much for taking the time to share your helpful review. We would really like to follow up with you to learn more about the customer service you experienced. Can you please contact us at customerservice(at)hardrockhotelsd(dot)com so we can reach out to you?

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Thank goodness that I knew what I was in for because it was loud and rambunctious and exactly what I was looking for. If you looking for a quiet relaxing vacay, this isn't the place for you. But my friends and I had a blast!

• Stayed: June 2014

Hi eleanor714, we're so glad you had a blast during your recent visit! Our hotel does get more lively on the weekends, but we're happy to hear that you and your friends loved the vibe and had an amazing time!