“July 4th Fun”

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Ranked #37 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“July 4th Fun”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Visited July 3-5th for a short Holiday weekend. Fun vibe, ate a Nobu (twice), which is always fantastic, had a Rock Spa massage and took in a Padres game on the 4th, Petco Stadium is just a very short walk away. Most everything was great, 4 stars with a hip vibe. Only issues were poorly trained Housekeeping Staff who yelled at each other across the hall and woke us a bit earlier than we would have preferred on the weekend. I spoke with Manager Kevin who didn't seem too concerned (nor did the volume abate right away). Massages were 3.5 star good in modest facilities, but still they had an offering on property and better than a day spa experience...based upon experience, the price was quite reasonable ($408 for 2x 80 minute including tax and mandatory 20% gratuity). Because the Hard Rock sells admissions to their hotel pool, the scene was a bit more rowdy than we prefer and the Security Team seemed a bit too enthusiastic and gestapo like, but given the circumstance and the fact that we are in our early 50's, I get it that we are not the major demographic. San Diego Gaslamp is always a good weekend getaway choice and the Hard Rock is a great choice from which to experience all that the area has to offer. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for spending the 4th of July with us! We're so glad you enjoyed dining at Nobu and relaxing at our luxurious Rock Spa. We're sorry about the issue experienced, and we will follow up with our team to ensure we can improve future visits.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,102)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I liked my room but next time would appreciate a proper big balcony as I requested. You gave me a mini balcony with little view. Not worth the money I paid. It would be nice to either be reimbursed my money or get a free room with a proper balcony next time I come to San Diego to visit.
Thanks

• Stayed June 2014
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Pete, we are sorry that your requested room type was not available during your recent visit. Unfortunately, this sometimes happens, but when it does we always do our best to accommodate our guests.
La Mesa, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our family stayed on the 4th of july. and we had a very good experience at the hotel. We choose the Hard Rock because it was close to the fireworks show on the bay. The staff were always helpful and courteous. The only problem we had was getting a glass of water at Maryjanes in a near empty diner it took two requests and almost 15 min. to get one,plus there was gum stuck on a floor lamp that housekeeping missed when they cleaned the room before our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Kevin, thank you for celebrating the 4th of July with us! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and watching the fireworks over the bay. We're sorry to hear about your dining experience and we'll follow up with our team to ensure it doesn't occur in the future.
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The only complain I have is the housekeeping. I asked one housekeeper when I passed by a room to clean our room and change our linen in one of our beds since my 3 y/o son messed it up and came back at 9pm with the room still the same as we left it. So I called housekeeping to ask for linens (complete set since it was all wet) and told them I can put on the linens myself. And a housekeeper came up with just flat sheet and 1blanket! So hoping that following day they would fix it... well they didn't. By the way, I called that same night to made sure that housekeeping comes the next day to clean our room. The next morning I called again to make sure and the guy was like clueless of what I was saying like "Oh, you want your room to be cleaned today. Yeah, sure I'll put that in our system." But wait a minute....Isn't it I called lastnight to request this already?!?!?

• Stayed July 2014
Hi jajathehot, we are sorry to hear that you didn't have an excellent experience overall. Thank you for providing all of your helpful details, and we'll be reviewing your feedback with our team.
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I loved this hotel don't get me wrong but when you receive a "VIP Pass" with your hotel key filled with awesome options that you can enjoy you get excited. I was over the moon excited to see that with a phone call I could have a DJ station sent to my room. I was staying there for business and after my show I was looking forward to staying in having some wine and enjoying making some music. That was a HUGE disappointment when I found out there was no DJ station amiable but really the hotel only had one. ONE!!! Out of the whole Hard Rock and an item listed on your "VIP ACCESS"!!! I was uber bummed and was left to just go to bed early and watch crappy TV. Up side the bed was amazing and I wish I could bring those pillows home with me. As I said in the beginning overall my experience was super and convenient to where I needed to be. BUT don't give false hopes on your perks. If you don't have it don't promote it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi Olivia, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! We're sorry that the equipment was not available during your stay, and we will share your review with our team so we can improve future visits.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here for chargers/ Ravens game and was simple to get to Qualcom stadium via train. Staff was amazing, we had our car broken into in at Temecula Vineyard and had 8 tickets stolen, window broken, wife's purse stolen... etc. They help make the trip better, after checking in they sent up a bottle of Kettle one and mixers, got us reprinted football tickets to help reduce the stress. HIGHLEY recommended and will stay there every time in SD!

Room Tip: very close to train to hit football games!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Rob, it was our pleasure accommodating you and turning your negative day into a memorable experience! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and that our excellent staff was able to help you with everything. We can't wait to share your amazing review with our team, and we look forward to seeing you whenever you visit San Diego!
San diego
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Recently stayed in a rock star suite, spent a day in a cabana at the pool and had dinner at Nobu. The room was great and the VIP service from John and Elijah was first rate. The attention to details and the overall vibe is really cool and sets this place apart from other hotels in the area

• Stayed July 2014
Diegodawg, we enjoyed reading your awesome review! We look forward to sharing your great feedback with John and Elijah, and we hope to see you again soon for another rock star experience!