“Absolutely great”

Lucky D's Hostel
Whitehorse, Canada
“Absolutely great”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed in a couple of hostels before and the lucky d's is one of my favourite (if not the most) ;)
I've travelled with a friend in our car. we didn't plan anything, except of the flight back to our country. So we were really happy when we met all the nice guys from the lucky d's, who were easygoing and thoughtful. We could always stay there when we came back to san diego, even we called them on the same day we've needed a place to stay.

Also the location of the hostel is perfect for everyone. you're near the public transportation, gaslamp quarter and in 20 - 30min you're at the beach(by car).

Thanks for all guys it was absolutely great :) see you soon

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
LuckyDsHostel, Manager at Lucky D's Hostel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thanks for the compliments Illari, we're pleased that you had such a good stay here and yes, hopefully see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Perfect staying al the hostel with nice people.. I were there with four friends for there night and We had too much fun with the others guests and the crew staff.. The spanish girl of the staff Aymara is so cool!

• Stayed April 2014
Thanks for your review Esteban. Glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and I will let Aymara know about your review. Hope to see you back at the hostel again.
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in hotels and hostels all over the world and after this experience at Lucky D's, I can sum up all my complaints in just one statement: there should be a sixth star for businesses of this calibre. ;-)
I contacted the owner of LD's a few weeks ago and told her I am working on a documentary about wounded Marines. I am producing this work for free, which I am only able to do because of businesses like this one. Lucky D's initially invited me to stay for an entire week, which was incredible. I have been able to accomplish so much thanks to not needing to bounce around from sponsor to sponsor. The owner saw the work I was doing and actually invited me to stay for an extra week. I have been working round the clock since I've been here and much of what my organization has accomplished in the last two weeks is because of the support of this business. The BARE SOLE PROJECT enthusiastically endorses Lucky D's and I personally vouch for the cleanliness of the facilities, professionalism and friendliness of the staff, and high quality of the guests this place attracts. And there is icing on this cake too: LD's not only offers free dinner several times per week, they even have free beer on Saturday nights and a $5 all-you-can-drink margarita night! Look no further, my friends. You have found your hostel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BarefootJakeBrown
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was my first stay at a hostel, and it surpassed my expectations. It's very near public transportation hubs, you can get anywhere! They also give you great discounts on local attractions and can help you find things to do on any budget. The staff is incredibly nice, helpfulI & fun! I will be coming back here and will be staying in hostels from now on!

• Stayed April 2014
LuckyDsHostel, Manager at Lucky D's Hostel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for such a kind review. We are happy your first experience of a hostel was a positive and hope you check out some more on your travels. We also hope you come back and see us soon.
Sibenik, Croatia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I've been to this hostel more than once and this place is getting better every time even tho you think that it can't be more amazing than it was! Staff is great,they are making such a good vibe in the hostel that you have a feeling you're at home.At anytime you can ask them for help and there is always someone there. Every day there is something organized, is it a free dinner,pub crawl,movie night,game night but it's never boring. These guys are really doing a great job and I would definitely recommend this place! On top of it all location is fantastic, very close to bus and train station, 15 min from the airport and all the bars and nightlife is just 2 blocks down. I wanna thank Megan and Brion for showing me a good time in SD and Jackie for being such a sweetheart and making best waffles in the world! Already miss this hostel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Zeljka N
LuckyDsHostel, Manager at Lucky D's Hostel, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you so much. Our staff love hearing that they have made a guests stay more enjoyable. We hope you can come back again soon
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Hey there, I stayed at lucky d's the third time and I loved it. The location is great a lot of complimentary goodies, like breakfast and dinners on three days per week included. It had a great vibe and the staff was always helpful. Special thanks go to Michelle, Pete, Paul, Jackie, David, Brion, Sasha, Anna, Gregg, Ted, Levana, Ashley, Genova, Ted, Megan, Hamza, Jon and everybody else. Friends for life. I hope to be back soon, time with you was just perfect.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Mike Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review. Dont forget the Free beer as well. See you again soon
Boston
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Lucky D's is "Staying Classy in San Diego." Whether on business or travel, Lucky D's is hands- down the best place to stay in downtown. It is affordable and enjoyable. It has an eclectic, fun and young staff. There is a ton of energy at Lucky D's!!! From touring the best of San Diego's nightlife in the beautiful Gaslamp, to day trips in the most beautiful places in San Diego, to beer pong challenges, Lucky D's won't disappoint. Good people, good food, and clean. Did I mention the fabulous food? They offer a delicious homemade family style pasta with a salad, gourmet tacos on Tuesday, and for you baseball fans hotdogs on Sunday's. You can't beat this place. The price is super affordable and you will enjoy a comfortable stay, while making new friends. Thank you Lucky D's for a great stay.

Room Tip: Lucky D's also offers private rooms. Super clean!