“Nice Hotel- Very pleasant experience”

Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Ranked #12 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My family recently stayed here four nights. We really enjoyed our stay, from warm cookies in the afternoon to a wonderful breakfast in the morning. I've stayed at several HGI's, and their breakfast here is one of the best. There were mainly business travelers staying here, but they were very nice to our family. We never ate at the hotel restaurant in the evening, but it always had a good crowd. There is a pool and a hot tub. The pool is heated, but it is still a little chilly when the temp is in the 60's. The room was clean and adequate; the balcony wasn't much to speak of. The beds were comfortable, and it was nice that the AC didn't sound like a jet engine as it does in a lot of hotels. I loved the location, as it was fairly close to everything, but not in a touristy area (no more than 20 minutes to the zoo, Midway museum, Legoland, or La Jolla). I loved Del Mar Beach, and it is less than 10 minutes away. I would definitely recommend as it worked out great for our family.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in San Diego while in the area for medical tests at UC San Diego. The hotel was very clean and had a quiet and pleasant environment. The lobby was very inviting. What made the stay even better was from the excellent customer serivce given by Front Desk Supervisor, Andrew Bernard.He went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and to see that all our needs were met. Mr. Bernard addressed us by name when he saw us, checked in with us to make sure our stay was going well, and he added many other special touches. He has excellent PR skills.The rest of the staff were kind and courteous. Another employee, Marc Francois, was aslo very kind and helpful. I would stay here again and suggest the same for others.

1  Thank KristenK33011
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn when we visited family and friends over a weekend in Feb. I found the hotel very easy to find, near highway but not on it, so very quiet experience. There is not a lot right near the hotel, some residential and light business buildings. Easy access to highway make it convenient to get to Del Mar or La Jolla.

Room was very well maintained. Bath well kept. Breakfast is not included in price but we were offered breakfast at a lower rate when checking in, which we took advantage of. Breakfast was good. We got pancakes and an omelet, plus able to go through buffet which has all of the normal muffins, bagels, cereals, fruit, etc.

Would recommend if on business or short stay to visit area and of course have a car.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I have stayed in a number hotels in this area during business trips and I must say that HGI is not only the best hotel in the area (that I've visited) but the best HGI I've stayed in.
First off, I had to cancel a part of my trip with very short notice due to couple factors out of my control (Weather & Sickness), the Manager accepted my request and gave a full refund even though I cancelled outside the regular 24-hour window. Big thanks for that!
When I did arrive with my colleagues, there was a friendly smile at the desk along with a selection of cookies. After getting to my room they called up to make sure everything was "as expected'. Yes, thank you. The room was clean comfortable.
Breakfast, while not included with the room rate, was very good and reasonably priced. The staff was friendly and accommodating to the group. One more we wanted to get a quick bite before heading out for a hike at Torrey Pines, then come back for 'the rest' of breakfast. The staff was happy to accommodate our request.
I have shared with my company that I believe this is a great hotel, and should continue to be referred to visiting employees.

1  Thank Justinbabbitt
Kevin E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Justin,

It is quite the compliment to be your #1 choice in hotels in San Diego and for all Hilton Garden Inn properties. This means a great deal coming from a guest with over 50 reviews, and I am thrilled that you were delivered the true "wow" service that we enjoy providing. I look forward to having you back during your next trip to San Diego and truly appreciate your kind and honest recommendation.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Great hotel. Microwave and mini-fridge are very convenient options. Decent breakfast especially if it comes as a free option. Excellent experience overall. Will definitely stay here if traveling in the area again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I didn't even get to stay here overnight; came in from a nearby meeting needing help with transport to the airport. The front desk staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. They called me a car service, which showed up promptly. Thanks!

Lobby area is nicely kept and undergoing some minor construction updates.

I will definitely stay here if traveling in the area again.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar is very conveniently located, just off I-5, about 20 minutes north of downtown San Diego. Rooms are reasonably priced, and the staff is uniformly friendly and helpful.Our room, in which we stayed for a week, was spacious, quiet, and clean. Breakfast was another big plus. The entire operation is extremely well organized and run in a highly professional manner. This is a great bang for your buck deal, one we intend to avail ourselves of again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ebdb627

Thank you very much for your kind words and fantastic title. Our team truly takes pride in the level of service we provide, and we are extremely satisfied when our guests are happy. I thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to have you back as our guest for another great impression.