“Excellent Stay in North County San Diego”

Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Ranked #12 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The location of the hotel in Del Mar, close to the beach, Sea World, LegoLand, other San Diego attractions, etc.... made this an excellent choice for our family trip to SoCal. We took advantage of the HGI breakfast and were off to a day of fun.....the grand kids loved the pool in the evenings, the seal's close by at La Jolla and the beach any where we stopped. I have always liked my stay's at the HGI and it is not that much of a price increase (if at all) from the "Mission Valley" hotels and I know we will have a clean room for children......thanks for an enjoyable stay!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times as well as other hotels in the area. The service level at this hotel, for the price paid, is outstanding. The lounge/bar is very basic but has a lot of personality via the outstanding staff. The food is simply amazing for the price. (Don't miss the portobello wellington.) Can't say enough about the dinners. The front desk staff has never left me waiting or wanting for anything. They have accomodated every request I've made and my travelling group - with some noodnicks who want their way - feel the same. The hotel and rooms are clean, the entire staff is courteous and delivers outstanding service. No hesitations about staying here, make yourself known to the staff, they will go the distance to ensure your stay is outstanding. Will stay there many times in the future, won't consider paying more elsewhere.

Room Tip: There's a few rooms with balconies on the 2nd floor. Perfect for those warm SoCal nights.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

When i walked into the room, the TV remote was not in the room. Then when i tried to iron my clothes, the iron was broken. The wifi connection was very bad. My phone and tablet would lose connectivity very often and the speed was very bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Maria L, Front Desk Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay with us. I would appreciate any further details or information you could share with me of your recent stay, so we can correct these matters for future guests. I would also like to see if there is a way to make things better for you, and hopefully have you back as our guest on your next trip to San Diego. You can email me back directly to mlowenthal@hiltongardeninndelmar.com, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn was lovely. I LOVED the self serve cold water with fresh sliced oranges
for a quick refresher when you arrive or a quick sip before heading out for the day.
Everyone was friendly. Also love the made to order breakfasts and the fact that there is
a restaurant for evening meals after a long day of playing. No worrying about finding your
way around to go find a place to eat dinner.
Would absolutely stay here again !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Fantastic hotel and service! Very clean room, good bed and breakfast package allowed us to eat each morning at the hotel, conveniently located to highway and restaurants but still a very quiet location. Beautiful landscaping, too! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 October 2013

check in clerk gave me an awesome service and also made a call back to the room to check everything was good in the room. I would probalbly pay $125 a night for the room and not the typical $140-$158 range they have

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This place is located at the quiet, and peaceful neighborhood, yet it is still close to the downtown San Diego (a short drive). Everything inside the hotel is well kept, clean and organized.
Staffs are welcoming and helpful. And room rates are very reasonable, nowhere near the expensive downtown area hotels. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I will be back every time I come to visit San Diego area.