“One of our San Diego Highlights.”

Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Ranked #12 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We loved staying here!!

Our third stop on a whirlwind trip to the US, this hotel was a lovely little quiet stop, made better by the fabulous staff.

It's located nice a close to major freeways and a short drive to a supermarkets and shops but it's location made it nice and quiet and no traffic noise. The rooms had everything that was needed, a little outdated and the bed a little saggy. We had a balcony with our room but it was in an odd place and we had a great view of the roof and not much else however that really didn't faze us. It was kept clean by housekeeping and the free parking was a bonus that not all Hiltons were able to offer.

One of the biggest positives was breakfast and as others have pointed out, made even better by the staff. Both Trevor and Adam looked after us. Trevor especially made us feel welcomed and very quickly remembered the little things. By the end of our stay, he would see us coming and have our coffee and earl grey tea ready almost as we sat down. It was these sorts of little things that make you feel really special when staying in a hotel, especially in a different country.

Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is a beautiful location and lovely hotel. The service was terrific and amenities appreciated. We would stay again when we return! From the warm front desk staff to the valet, the staff was eager to help and make guests feel taken care of.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LightQueen
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The facility was brand new (if not, it felt it), it was clean and bright and welcoming. They had a lounge area to conduct quite meetings, or meet up with friends for a meal. They had a full bar that I noticed but did not go it, the people seemed delighted with smiles on their faces. The rooms were clean, fresh, the beds were comfortable and the pillows were the down kind that I sleep so well with. I ordered a wake up call at 6:15 am and it was delivered at the right time. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This review is for the restaurant, Bistro 39.
I was visiting a friend who happens to live across the street.
My 1st morning there he said we HAVE to go to Bistro 39 for breakfast.
Turns out it's in the Hilton Garden Inn.
The food and price is very good.
But the real star of the place is a waiter called Trevor.
Great service, very personable, and an amazing memory.
My 2nd visit was 7 days later.
The section we walked in he greeted us BY NAME!
I still can't believe with all the people he waits on in a week his memory was flawless.
The other standout thing he did was make my waffle at the buffet where you're supposed
to make it yourself!
I simply mentioned that a guy was having trouble making his own, and made a mess.
Trevor said"no problem, I'll make it for you"!
I thanked him, and asked to speak to a manager.
As I was telling the manager how good of an employee Trevor was, I was informed
I was the 2nd person that morning to tell management about him.
Needless to say, I will return here to see Trevor and get a great breakfast.

"Boston John"

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Travelguy999617
Reviewed 16 April 2014

What I loved the most about my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was the location. It is located about 5 minutes away from the I-5 freeway and 10-20 minutes away from the best of San Diego's beaches and attractions. It is also in a secluded area that is good for a good cardio workout any time of day. Best choice!! Thanks for the service!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank 447charityw
Reviewed 15 April 2014

One thing about San Diego - you have to balance price with location, amenities, etc... Can you do better? Sure? But... you either have to pay more or be far away from things.

Pros:
- Great service; friendly staff
- Easy access to I-5; halfway between places like Sea World/Zoo and LEGOLAND
- Very safe residential neighborhood with bike trails
- Ability to go 1/2 mile south and plunge into a canyon with trails (I saw a Coyote at sunrise...)
- 10 minutes from the ocean without oceanfront prices

Cons:
- No restaurants that are really close (need to drive somewhere)
- Maybe plunging into a canyon isn't your idea of fun???

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dfcameron
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel was so clean and the staff very kind and friendly. We felt so at home away from home. We can't wait to return on out future visit. I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a great and fun and exciting experience. The location was great with awesome view. It's great that the shopping mall is just nearby and easily accessible. We sure loved every bit of our stay at the hotel

• Stayed: March 2014