“Great Hotel, Great Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Ranked #12 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Santa Clarita, California
“Great Hotel, Great Staff”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn several times and I'm always glad I did. The hotel is clean. The Staff is friendly, and the location is great. I must say the staff is super cool and very attentive!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear SamT,

Thank you so much for taking the time to create a TripAdvisor account and for letting us be your first 5 star review. I'm very appreciative that you have chosen to stay with our property each time you have visited and that you shared such kind words about our staff. We truly look forward to seeing you during your next trip.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Long Beach, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

All is good until I could hear the next room flush their toilet every time they went! How do you like to hear it at 11, 12, 1 or 3 AM? Terrible wall insulation. If you decided to stay here beware of this issue. The area is beautiful, all except for the noise.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Cristina N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for providing us with honest feedback. I apologize that you were able to hear the neighboring rooms plumbing and that is interrupted your stay. I would love to hear more about your stay so that we can determine exactly which room this issue is occurring. Should you have the time, please feel free to contact me at 858-720-9500 or by email at Parris.Preston2@Hilton.com.

La Quinta, California
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've stayed at several Hilton Garden Inns in the past and this Del Mar property is definitely one of the best. First of all, the location is great --only a 10-minute drive to Del Mar beaches and 15-20 minutes to downtown San Diego (depending on traffic). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the public areas, restaurant and fitness center were immaculate and well-stocked. My room was very clean, quiet and had a balcony too. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Jan M
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Jan M,

First, allow me to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It is always helpful to get a comparison of how were doing to other Hilton Garden Inns, and I am more than pleased that you think were one of the best. I hope that you will continue to stay with us when traveling to the San Diego area. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This Garden Inn is conveniently located off of Interstate 5. The parking was convenient and the check in was handled swiftly and pleasantly. The room was immaculate, and we'll lighted. The bed was comfortable. The flat screen TV was a bit dated and the bathroom was very small. There are no stores or services nearby this Hilton. One has to get into the car to drive to the local retail center, but it was not far. Overall, this Hilton offered good value and I would stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank fb0001
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Fb0001,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It's always helpful to receive feedback from someone active on TripAdvisor such as yourself. Furthermore, to be called immaculate is an even better compliment. You will be pleased to know that we are currently preparing to replace our current TV's with new LG flat screens for all of our rooms. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We've just stayed for one night, but I wouldn't mind to stay longer. Sure the location is nice, but not in walking distance to anywhere. However, that's about all you can complain about (if you like). The rest is really good. Everything starting from the lobby looks very new and well kept. Nice clean room with a comfortable bed. Fast and free Internet. Attentive staff. Good restaurant for breakfast (we didn't try lunch or dinner). Unusually early check-in at 3pm and late check-out at 12pm. We've also got a good rate booking direct.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Ig60,

Thank you so much for letting us be your first five star review. I'm so delighted to see how well your stay went and that you enjoy all of our accommodations. Hopefully next time you'll get a chance to try our deli for lunch and our bistro for dinner. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Well I initially was very pleased with my stay but after having some issues with my rooms tv and then I did not receive an item I ordered on my room service I started changing my mind. I called to get my order fixed and instead of getting my original signed recipt back I was presented a new one with the already purchased items. I then demanded the first reciept and in attemp to make up for the entree coming 20 minutes before the appetizer I got a free $2 soda.(I had already paid 4$ for two cups). I understand the hotels room service should not impact the impression of a hotel stay but do to the fact I had a short stay which was mostly unconscious this was the lasting thoughts that engulfed my stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Method8000
Maple Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Spent four nights here, each day great service and friendly staff. Breakfast buffet was very good and reasonable price. Room was clean and well kept, had microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Courtesy shuttle was great and took me to the beach and pick up with no problem. Free internet was quick, additional cookies or muffins in lobby were great to snack on. I will be back in the future.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Retiredhappy2009
Dear RetiredHappy

I can not thank you enough for your kind words and five star review. It is wonderful to see that you made the most of our shuttle, breakfast, and other amenities during your stay and that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and memorable. I truly hope that you will consider staying with us for any future trips to the San Diego area. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.